KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hello from your KnittingHelp founder/video-lady (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109725)

amy 07-23-2012 09:29 PM

Hello from your KnittingHelp founder/video-lady

Hi everyone :waving:

It's been so long since I've been active on the forum, that it seems a reintroduction is in order. I'm Amy, the voice and hands behind the videos on the site, and the one who created the site back in 2004! :knitting:

I don't have any kind of big announcement or anything, just saying "Hi everyone!" You might see more of me here this Summer at least. Not because I have a ton of time or anything, but just because I miss being here.

:muah:

Antares 07-23-2012 09:37 PM

Hey kids, it's the "Administrator." How exciting! This is kind of like meeting the producer of your favorite movie or the author of your most loved book.

Is it apropos to say "Welcome back"?

At any rate, it's definitely in order to say thanks so much for creating this site and for the very helpful videos. I wouldn't be knitting today if it weren't for KH!

insanenewknitter 07-23-2012 09:51 PM

Very, very pleased, proud, and honored to 'meet' you! I want to thank you so very much for the videos, they helped me so much!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
:muah:

suzeeq 07-24-2012 12:00 AM

Good to see you back Amy, you're something of a mythic person to the newbies I think. But you won't be for long.

Tntgin4118 07-24-2012 12:20 AM

:notworthy: Wow! Awesome to meet you.

This site and the videos have taught me so much. It's my goto when I want to try something new. I picked up knitting needles for the very first time this past November and found this site when I got myself into a jam (or rather a snarl) :frog: as I was trying to learn the basics. The community is fabulous and everyone is so helpful!

It's great to see you and I do hope you'll be able to pop in now and again.

Jan in CA 07-24-2012 02:23 AM

Good to see you here, Amy! :hug:

salmonmac 07-24-2012 05:00 AM

Good to have you back at this very helpful site with its excellant videos. I'm always delighted when other sites or pattern directions refer people here for more information.
How did it all get started?

amy 07-24-2012 08:39 AM

Thanks for the welcome back, folks. :muah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1352788)
How did it all get started?

Once upon a time, I had a very humble personal website (actually I still do, although it's totally outdated and old school), where I created a few pages devoted to my passions. I put up a few short video clips on it with the basic knit and purl stitches, and just a few others, maybe 10 videos total. This was around 2001. I forgot all about it, and then in 2004, we noticed it was getting thousands of views every month, so I thought I'd put up some more, and give the site it's own domain name. It was all done just in the spirit of sharing, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

My husband Sheldon ran a web design business at the time, as well as servers for web hosting, which made the whole thing affordable/doable, back when bandwidth was expensive. (This was pre-YouTube! Can you imagine? :shock:) Nothing like it existed, so it immediately took off, which was pretty thrilling. :)

mapknitter 07-24-2012 11:01 AM

Hi Sue,
I'm a Newbie, and can't determine whether or not what someone listed for stash sale a year ago is still available, or even who to ask. Have I come to the right place?
Linda (mapknitter)

suzeeq 07-24-2012 11:20 AM

Well no, you want to post in the thread where they listed it, or probably pm or email the person. Click on their name and a menu pops down where you can select to pm them; if you go to their profile there's a link to email them if they allow it.

Welcome to the Forum though, happy to see new members.