KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP: American Flag Afghan (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109832)

insanenewknitter 07-27-2012 04:26 PM

WIP: American Flag Afghan

Hello, everybody! Haven't been around too much these days, been knitting up a storm! Besides teaching a "class" (helping friends :wink:) knitting booties, hats, and cardigans, (can't seem to get enough of those!), I'm working on this afghan. It has a double destination. IF I finish it in time, I want to enter it in our county fair, which is waaay too close as it is. And afterward, it will go to a friend of mine who no longer lives in the US, but misses it a lot. (And, it's really cold where he lives.)
It is driving me up the wall!!! It's just a plain stockinette stitch, so easy! Too easy!!! I hate it because it is 288 sts. long, and takes forever to knit a single row!!!!!!!!
I need some pats on the back, please, so I can finish it. :chair:

insanenewknitter 07-27-2012 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic. Sorry, it's really fuzzy.

Jan in CA 07-27-2012 04:52 PM

That's one of those things I wouldn't even attempt. WAY too much purling when you do stockinette. :zombie: More power to you! It's going to be beautiful!

Tntgin4118 07-27-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insanenewknitter (Post 1353102)
I need some pats on the back, please, so I can finish it. :chair:

Not only pats on the back, but MAJOR kudos for such a beautiful project for the Fair and as a gift to a homesick friend.

Please keep us up to date on how this is going. This will be absolutely gorgeous :heart: when you finish it. I look forward to seeing photos as you progress.

salmonmac 07-27-2012 06:02 PM

It's going to be gorgeous! You've made great progress and you'll be up to the blue field of stars soon; still stockinette but at least a bit more varieation in color and pattern. I can't wait to see this wonderful county fair entry and gift complete.

nonny2t 07-28-2012 08:03 AM

We are all vigorously beating you on the back encouraging you on! It is going to be beautiful!!!!

Antares 07-29-2012 07:30 PM

Wow! You're amazing--and so is your knitting. Whether you finish this in time for the fair or not, your friend will love it. Making this is truly a labor of love (well, I don't want to stress labor too much, lest you give it up as too much work). You're doing a splendid job so far, and I can't wait to see the finished afghan!

insanenewknitter 07-31-2012 05:30 PM

Thank so much everyone!:muah:
It's still coming. I doubt I can finish it for the fair, being that I'm on the seventh stripe and the fair is next Tuesday, but that's okay. I'll post a pic tonight of the beginning 'star' work. :wink:
:knitting:

Saristamper 07-31-2012 06:04 PM

Pats on the back

Could you put place markers in so when you get to them it's a goal? I have trouble stopping before I hit a goal, so I love socks. Each step is the perfect amount of time to knit.
Then you can just focus on getting to the next marker instead of where you are in the row.:muah:

ArtLady1981 07-31-2012 07:38 PM

I love these types of blankets! They become FAMILY HEIRLOOMS!

Way to go! Keep on keepin' on! :thumbsup: