KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Looking for a pattern (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109854)

Misty2275 07-30-2012 10:33 AM

Looking for a pattern

I am looking for a little boy's crew neck sweater pattern, Size 4.
This boy is almost 3yrs old.
I have looked on the internet and also in Joann's Fabric store. Seems all I can find are baby sweaters and teens and adult.
So if anyone has a pattern or can tell me where I can get one I would really appreciate it.
Connie :knitting:

Ingrid 07-30-2012 10:52 AM

Have you checked out www.knittingpatterncentral.com or www.ravelry.com ? You have to join Ravelry, but it's free and you can do a detailed search.

Misty2275 07-30-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misty2275 (Post 1353276)
I have looked on the internet and also in Joann's Fabric store. Seems all I can find are baby sweaters and teens and adult.
So if anyone has a pattern or can tell me where I can get one I would really appreciate it.

Thank You Ingrid, I will try these and see what I can find.

knitcindy 07-30-2012 01:15 PM

Don't forget to check your local library too!! I just got a couple of books from there with sweater patterns for that size!! Here are some you could look at:

Big Fish, Little Fish - by Jil Eaton
Minnowknits too - More Uncommon Knits - by Jil Eaton
Easy Knits for Kids - by Vogue Knitting
Nifty Knits for Kids - by Catherine Ham
Bright Knits for Kids - by Debbie Bliss

All these are at my local library! Happy searching!!
knitcindy

Misty2275 07-31-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitcindy (Post 1353295)
Don't forget to check your local library too!! I just got a couple of books from there with sweater patterns for that size!! Here are some you could look at:

Big Fish, Little Fish - by Jil Eaton
Minnowknits too - More Uncommon Knits - by Jil Eaton
Easy Knits for Kids - by Vogue Knitting
Nifty Knits for Kids - by Catherine Ham
Bright Knits for Kids - by Debbie Bliss

All these are at my local library! Happy searching!!
knitcindy

Ok, Thank You for the suggestion. I did find one on Ravelry that I might use, and looking for more selections to make up my mind.

ABC's Mom 08-06-2012 04:43 PM

I have a book that I bought at a Half Price Book Store for $7called "Knits for Children and Their Teddies that has many different sweaters in it. Most of them can be either for a boy or a girl, though there are a couple that are definitely girl patterns.
The author is Fiona McTague. You may be able to find it at either Barnes and Noble online or Amazon.
Good Luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misty2275 (Post 1353276)