KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: Katie approves of her new bed! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109936)

ArtLady1981 08-06-2012 03:36 PM

FO: Katie approves of her new bed!

Well, she approved her new bed today! Yay! It isn't as hot as her donut bed. It's also a little roomier, but not as roomy as the hound's bed! A girl has to have choices, doesn't she?

In the corner by the bookcases in our family room. Right by her chow center!

"Hmmmm, should I or shouldn't I? Meh...maybe later..."

Jan in CA 08-06-2012 03:39 PM

Awww how cute! :thumbsup:

salmonmac 08-06-2012 05:48 PM

What a clever, discriminating dog! The bed looks striking in place and is obviously comfortable too.

nonny2t 08-06-2012 06:14 PM

It's great to see her loving her bed! She is so cute. My little guy is sick again and it is worse than your children getting sick. He is almost 13 so I always get scared when he gets sick. I love the bed!!!

Wanda Witch 08-06-2012 10:03 PM

The very picture(s) of contentment. Katie has made that her bed in no time at all. And, not only a beautiful, comfy bed to lie in but her chow dish and water bowl to guard. Ahh, life is good.

Christinechrstms1 08-07-2012 03:42 AM

that looks so cozy! we tried a bed for our dog but he wants to be right up on the couch beside us. We eventually gave in because he would just go to the edge of the couch, rest his head while looking up at us, it was just way too sad for us to turn him away! Most of the time he still "asks" this way before just jumping up so we don't mind too much. If I am on the couch by myself he will just come up because he knows I am a push over for him,

cindylou 08-07-2012 11:02 AM

Awww...too cute!!! Awesome bed, too!

Antares 08-08-2012 12:02 PM

Well, there's some instant approval for you! And this time the dog's giving the human an "Atta boy!" :-P

I've been wondering whether you were going to get this finished or not (don't ask why--it just stuck in my little pea brain). It turned out fabulous from an artistic standpoint, too.

ArtLady1981 08-08-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1353917)
I've been wondering whether you were going to get this finished or not..

He He! I didn't think anyone would remember my doggy bed project! Even I forgot that I'd shared the WIP here at KH!

I had a few misgivings about it, mainly how in the world will I felt this monster without ruining my washing machine! I'd read a few comments at Ravelry about 'extreme lint' being a huge problem.

My bed is much larger than the kitty bed projects! I couldn't find a thing to put it in, like people do for smaller things. Anyhoo, I finally took courage....stuck it in my washer with two beach towels. Every 15 minutes of agitation I stopped the washer and used a fine mesh sieve to scoop/strain the loose lint out of the water. Oy!

My next misgiving was how in the world would I find ANYTHING big enough to shape the wet felted bed on??? Plus, when in the world will my town get a week of 90 weather so this thing dries before it molds???! :teehee:

But, the stars all aligned in my favor, I pulled up my bootstraps, and plowed ahead when we had our heatwave! BTW, our 90 weather only lasted two days, but the bed dried fast outside for those two days.

Now we're back to our usual "wannabe summer" days!

Thanks for your nice comments! :hug:

dturner 08-08-2012 07:18 PM

Katie looks very comfortable! The colors are beautiful, too.