KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pattern Central (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Empire Waisted Pullover (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110624)

TEMA 10-07-2012 10:42 PM

Empire Waisted Pullover

I've been searching the web for a simple pullover that has an empire waist and a bit of a flair.
I want the top part to be just straight knitting... not necessarily tight fitting but having a little give but when I finish the top part... say an inch or so below my breasts, I want there to be more stitches added so I can have it flair out as it goes.
I thought that perhaps I could add some large ribbing there like a 5X7 rib... or something like that so the flaring isn't so noticable but is certainly there.
I'm hoping I'm making myself understood...
The problem is... I'm no skinny mini and I have a tummy... I thought that, perhaps, the flair would hide that fact just a little.
:)
Thanks,
TEMA :knitting:

TEMA 10-07-2012 10:43 PM

Oh... and 3/4 sleeves.
I forgot...
TEMA :aww:

Jan in CA 10-08-2012 12:47 AM

Did you look on Ravelry? There a bunch on there, in fact too many to post here. :teehee:

Search under "empire pullover".

TEMA 10-11-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1358031)
Did you look on Ravelry? There a bunch on there, in fact too many to post here. :teehee:

Search under "empire pullover".

No, I don't think I checked Rivalry out... will do that now.
Thanks for the advice.
TEMA:)

TEMA 10-11-2012 11:38 PM

Well, I went to Ravelry and found a couple of sweaters that I liked enough to buy them. Then I found another sweater. They called it an a-line sweater. It's a pullover, top down...
On Ravelry, it's called #115 Top Down Swing Sweater.
The thing is it's knit in some kind of silk yarn.. not sure, I forget already what I read...:think:
The needles are 5mm.. which I love, circular, of course ;)
It's the substitute yarn that I will have to use. Hoping to use a nice acrylic weight 4 but not sure if that is going to work with this.
What do you think?
TEMA :knitting:

Jan in CA 10-12-2012 12:31 AM

That's cute and I've made her sweaters before. They seem to be well written and easy to understand. The yarn used in the projects seem to be a variety of mostly worsted weights and even a few DK's. I looked to see if anyone said anything and one using DK just went up a size. There is probably more info as well.

The yarn they use is a heavy worsted weight (#4) at 16 st over 4 inches..that's 4 spi. Check the yarn you want to use and see what the gauge is. You can check on Ravelry for that, too. What yarn is it you want to use?

TEMA 10-15-2012 11:58 PM

A good question... I don't have a yarn in mind at the moment but I thought I'd go to my lys and see what she recommends.
Thanks for all your suggestions.
TEMA :muah:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1358302)
That's cute and I've made her sweaters before. They seem to be well written and easy to understand. The yarn used in the projects seem to be a variety of mostly worsted weights and even a few DK's. I looked to see if anyone said anything and one using DK just went up a size. There is probably more info as well.

The yarn they use is a heavy worsted weight (#4) at 16 st over 4 inches..that's 4 spi. Check the yarn you want to use and see what the gauge is. You can check on Ravelry for that, too. What yarn is it you want to use?