KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Triple Wave Ribbed Scarf (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110765)

KnitBKS 10-23-2012 11:58 PM

Triple Wave Ribbed Scarf

This is my first ever scarf.

I pretty much came up with the design on my own. I don't think I will make the pattern public, only because I've never wrote a pattern before nor do I really remember everything I did. LOL!

So here's a pic of the scarf so far:

This is also my first time doing cables. I know that the bottom is cable flare and can be corrected, but I think I like the way it flares. I really just hope I have enough yarn. I stash-shopped.

I am open to suggestions/opinions. Be honest, don't sugar-coat. :)

Jan in CA 10-24-2012 01:13 AM

:inlove: That's beautiful, Brian!!!

If you continue to cross them the same way it will start looking like a traditional cable.

GrumpyGramma 10-24-2012 02:35 AM

I agree, that's beautiful! I don't know how your cable flare (you taught me something) will work out in the end but I think I like the curvy, wavy effect. I've not worked with cables so I really don't know the challenges you are dealing with. I love the color.

salmonmac 10-24-2012 05:56 AM

I like it and i like the sinuous cable. What yarn are you using? It looks soft even in the photo.

KnitBKS 10-24-2012 07:19 AM

Aww shucks, Jan!

We will see. I'm hoping it's just the one part of the cable that stands out, but we will see.

Thanks for the compliment.

KnitBKS 10-24-2012 07:24 AM

GrumpyGramma, I didn't know either until I emailed Arenda Holladay who is one of the people in charge and an instructor for TKGA. She said it is corrected by casting on fewer sts and then increasing at the beginning of the cablework.

I, too, like the wavy effect.

Antares 10-24-2012 08:25 AM

An intriguing name for an intriguing scarf! I love it! There's not a thing wrong with this!

Can't wait to see it with a little more progress, too. Something about that progress and the repeating patterns really does make everything pop!

Great job--and how very impressive that you're designing your own one-of-a-kind scarf!

nonny2t 10-24-2012 08:32 AM

It looks great and is going to be terrific when you finish it!

KnitBKS 10-24-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1359081)
An intriguing name for an intriguing scarf! I love it! There's not a thing wrong with this!

Can't wait to see it with a little more progress, too. Something about that progress and the repeating patterns really does make everything pop!

Great job--and how very impressive that you're designing your own one-of-a-kind scarf!

Thanks so much! It really makes me feel better to know that the scarf doesn't look bad. Will definitely keep you all posted on it.

If you want, you can also follow this in my projects page on Rav.

KnitBKS 10-24-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonny2t (Post 1359082)
It looks great and is going to be terrific when you finish it!

Yeah, just hope I have enough yarn. :p