KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Crochet! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Crocheted Dog sweater (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110931)

WittyKnitter2012 11-10-2012 02:06 PM

Crocheted Dog sweater

1 Attachment(s)
There's a first for everything and this is my first dog sweater:balloons:!!
I plan on selling it, does anyone think a dog can fit this?

MGM 11-10-2012 04:58 PM

That's so cute! I never had a dog small enough to need a sweater, so I don't know about if it would fit a dog, but it sure is cute!

MGM

WittyKnitter2012 11-10-2012 05:42 PM

Thanks!!I'm going to try and make another.

fatoldladyinpjs 11-14-2012 12:46 AM

It wouldn't fit a Corgi, but they have long hot dog bodies. Mine pulls his sweater off and runs and hides. He hates dog sweaters. He also chews on his squirrel Halloween costume. Doesn't like that either.

Jan in CA 11-14-2012 01:42 AM

My dog was 12 lbs, but it doesn't look like it would have fit her either. Cute though. :)

WittyKnitter2012 11-14-2012 03:57 PM

Oh corgies are so cute!!:heart: The only thing that would probably fit the sweater are my rabbit's{But they have fur coat:teehee:}.Does anyone know how big I should have the next sweater?

WittyKnitter2012 11-14-2012 03:57 PM

Oh corgies are so cute!!:heart: The only thing that would probably fit the sweater are my rabbit's{But they have fur coats:teehee:}.Does anyone know how big I should have the next sweater?

GrumpyGramma 11-14-2012 04:49 PM

How big to make it depends on what type of dog you're making it for. You could make it small enough for a chihuahua or large enough for a St. Bernard...though I've no idea why a St. Bernard would need a sweater.
It is cute and I think if you made them for a specific size/type of dog they would sell. Maybe you need to do some market research and see what's selling. A site like etsy might be a good place to start looking.

fatoldladyinpjs 11-14-2012 07:30 PM

I would make sweaters to fit those little ankle biters. That's what I call them. Small dog sweaters seem to be popular. I don't know how many owners I've seen bringing little toys into a store in purses like they're Paris Hilton. I'd say something pink with a lot of bling.

GrumpyGramma 11-14-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatoldladyinpjs (Post 1360604)
I would make sweaters to fit those little ankle biters. That's what I call them. Small dog sweaters seem to be popular. I don't know how many owners I've seen bringing little toys into a store in purses like they're Paris Hilton. I'd say something pink with a lot of bling.

Good ideas! I always thought dog sweaters or coats were just so much fru fru until my DD's family got chihuahuas. They will be too cold and get sick if they aren't dressed. When I wanted to do sweaters for them I ended up winging it and adapting a fingerless mitt pattern so it had 2 thumb holes for the front legs and calling them mutt mitts. It worked.