KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Norma Blanket for an impending grandson (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111057)

MoniDew 11-20-2012 08:44 PM

Norma Blanket for an impending grandson

This is the Norma blanket from Knitty.com. Yes, I actually used a pattern. Please, don't faint! :roflhard:

GrumpyGramma 11-20-2012 09:06 PM

:thumbsup: That's beautiful. :heart: What a great way to welcome a new grandson!!!!

You used a what? Please stand by while I pick myself up off the floor.
:roflhard:
OK, I think I'm recovered. What pattern are you using?

MoniDew 11-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1361061)
:thumbsup: That's beautiful. :heart: What a great way to welcome a new grandson!!!!

You used a what? Please stand by while I pick myself up off the floor.
:roflhard:
OK, I think I'm recovered. What pattern are you using?

It's Norma, from Knitty.com

GrumpyGramma 11-20-2012 09:59 PM

Thanks for the link. That's interesting and very new to me. A blanket worked in the round. I must try it.

When is baby due?

MoniDew 11-20-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1361065)
Thanks for the link. That's interesting and very new to me. A blanket worked in the round. I must try it.

When is baby due?

Due the third week of February, 2013. He already has a name. Tobias Tysinger Beard (Toby)
Tysinger is a family name on my son-in-law's side. This lil' guy will be my 7th grandchild, my daughter's third, and her husband's first. He's a first grandchild for his paternal side.

salmonmac 11-21-2012 06:21 AM

Congratulations on the upcoming new addition to the family! Toby certainly will feel welcome with this lovely blanket. Which yarn did you use for it?

nonny2t 11-21-2012 10:49 AM

How lovely. You obviously had a stroke because you said you used a pattern! ;) Congrats on the soon to be new arrival. Love him all you can.

Jan in CA 11-21-2012 01:38 PM

That's really pretty!

What yarn and color did you use? It looks like a great color for a boy. Congratulations!

ArtLady1981 11-22-2012 06:48 AM

WOW! It's beautiful! And thanks for linking us to the pattern!

MoniDew 11-23-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1361090)
Congratulations on the upcoming new addition to the family! Toby certainly will feel welcome with this lovely blanket. Which yarn did you use for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1361113)
That's really pretty!

What yarn and color did you use? It looks like a great color for a boy. Congratulations!

I used this one Pakucho Organic Cotton Mom & Dad have decided we're only using organic, undyed cotton next to baby's skin. We have a lot of allergy people in the family, and we've learned our lesson to not take chances. I don't blame them!!