KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My latest projects-NOT!!! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111320)

usamacka 12-14-2012 12:53 PM

My latest projects-NOT!!!

My hands are numb! I have been trying to knit so many gifts for Chrsitmas....I looked around my house and decided....$15 gift cards might work for some of these folks! I only have these two little hands and no helpers....so I am shutting down Santa's shop until further notice! I have got to get my house in ORDER! Does anyone else feel that way?

MerigoldinWA 12-14-2012 03:51 PM

You've got time. Don't get rattled, enjoy your holiday. We've enjoyed seeing all the things you've made.

Antares 12-14-2012 04:00 PM

My latest projects have come up in KNOTS and NOTS!

Knitting should be fun--not stressful, painful, or hand-numbing. When it begins to get unfun, it's definitely time to throw it down and do something else (although getting my house in order certainly wouldn't be my preferred pastime--maybe kayak fishing).

And gift cards are a great idea--especially if there are lots of people on your list.

Maybe next year consider trimming that list down quite a bit??!!!

After all, this fact applies to most people in America: What could we possibly need or want that we haven't already bought ourselves?

usamacka 12-14-2012 04:33 PM

I should have prefaced this with a life story!!!! I quit my job in September due to a back issue...was way behind in getting my house in order as I had had extended family living here for a long time...I have one of those personalities that I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING myself...which you would think at a certain age you would figure differently!
Anyway...I figure once I have house under control, I will pick up the needles and it doesn't really take that long to whip up a sports hat!!! That is what the BOYS are expecting....my best friend's sons....I don't want to disappoint them...they treat me like a mom! And one is the godfather to my grandkids!
and yes I STILL have time!!

dancejunky 12-14-2012 05:59 PM

There's no shame in giving a handknit still on the needles, then taking it back to finish up. If that's what it takes.

nonny2t 12-14-2012 08:19 PM

My biggest thing is pressure. I don't do well under pressure so if I tend to overdo, I basically become the b word because I get so stressed out. I always have to plan way ahead so I don't get stressed. Gift cards are never a bad idea. You made some lovely things this year. You should be proud of yourself.

GrumpyGramma 12-14-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

they treat me like a mom!
Who wants a stressed out mom? I'd say they love you, you love them, they'll understand if you give them a "promissory note" for the finished item. I expect you already have the yarn, wrap it up with a picture of the finished hat. Don't beat yourself up and DO breathe! Wonder Woman and Super Girl only exist in cartoons.

usamacka 12-15-2012 01:18 AM

I LIKE YOUR IDEA!!!!

Christinechrstms1 12-15-2012 02:17 AM

Making something because I feel I have to isn't as fun as just taking things easy and knitting for pure enjoyment. If I am crunched I don't like it.

salmonmac 12-15-2012 10:14 PM

I like the promissory note idea, too! And remember, the 12 days of Christmas extend until Jan 6th. It's a handmade gift and this kind of love takes a little more time. Relax and enjoy the season.