KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: "Bantamime, La Poule Francais" (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111445)

mojo11 12-26-2012 03:47 PM

FO: "Bantamime, La Poule Francais"

One more chicken and then I promise no more... for a while anyway. This is "Bantamime" (clever word play, n'cest pas?) The French Hen, who has the distinction of being a chicken NOT based on the Blue Sky Alpaca pattern by Susan B,. Anderson. She is a one-of-a-kind, and likely always will be since I was making her up as I went along and can't remember exactly how many stitches went where. I just remember thinking I should subtitle the project "Adventures in Magic Loop (And Various Perversions Thereof)".

The yarn was leftovers from my previous two chickens, mostly Jojoland Baritone from the Hockey Chicken, but you might also recognize that orange Cotton Ease from the UK Chicken in her feet.

The idea was to make a gift that was unique. And judging from my girlfriend's reaction, I think the mission was successful. Bantamime has a Perch of Honor, from which she can oversee all operations.

BTW, the pattern isn't a deep dark secret or anything, it's just that I never wrote it down, so there's nothing to link to. If you're interested, I'll be happy to share what I can remember.

GrumpyGramma 12-26-2012 05:54 PM

That's the best chicken yet! Well done. And it can't be mass produced for McDonalds giveaways.

salmonmac 12-26-2012 06:54 PM

I do like this chicken, very French, very sophisticated, somewhat nautical. A great succes and a fitting evolution from the hockey ancestor.

nonny2t 12-27-2012 07:45 AM

Tres Bien!

ArtLady1981 12-31-2012 05:36 PM

Oh he is just tooooo toooo cute for words! :thumbsup:

DavidSydney63 01-10-2013 05:01 AM

I guess the chicken had "impeccable" taste, before you sewed on the beak :woot: :roflhard: :rofl:

mojo11 01-10-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSydney63 (Post 1365987)
I guess the chicken had "impeccable" taste, before you sewed on the beak :woot: :roflhard: :rofl:

:thud: Lucky thing she doesn't eat much. ;)

GrumpyGramma 01-10-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSydney63 (Post 1365987)

Groan.

I knew there was a good pun in there somewhere.

mojo11 01-10-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1366023)
Groan.

I knew there was a good pun in there somewhere.

At least there was no "tail of woe" involved. Though there were a bunch of "woes" in the tail. Har.

GrumpyGramma 01-10-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo11 (Post 1366024)
At least there was no "tail of woe" involved. Though there were a bunch of "woes" in the tail. Har.

WHOA! Did the shaggy dog escape?

You could make and owl and name it Feg Hoot.