KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   How-to Questions (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Conversion needles (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111465)

Amylynne 12-27-2012 06:18 PM

Conversion needles

I want to change a pattern from double point needles to just plain single point how can I do this?

GrumpyGramma 12-27-2012 06:22 PM

Is it worked in the round? What is it? Can you link to the pattern or give it's name, where you got it?

Amylynne 12-27-2012 06:27 PM

Just a regular cable knit hat / beret pattern on Red Heart app I am just not ready for circular or double point needles I also want to make a mondo cable knit hat I love to cable

GrumpyGramma 12-27-2012 06:30 PM

Per the pattern, is it worked in the round? What's the name of the pattern, we might be able to find it online.

suzeeq 12-27-2012 06:37 PM

If it's worked in the round, it may be more problem to convert it than to use circulars.

You may need an extra stitch or two for seaming, the even rows in the pattern would have to be worked in the opposite stitches and possibly from the end of the row to the beginning unless it's just a simple rib or stockinette stitch. If you give us more information, we can help you a lot easier.

Amylynne 12-27-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1364207)
Is it worked in the round? What is it? Can you link to the pattern or give it's name, where you got it?

Any hints? I just want to knit a cute cable knit hat using single point straight needles

Amylynne 12-27-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzeeq (Post 1364214)
If it's worked in the round, it may be more problem to convert it than to use circulars.

You may need an extra stitch or two for seaming, the even rows in the pattern would have to be worked in the opposite stitches and possibly from the end of the row to the beginning unless it's just a simple rib or stockinette stitch. If you give us more information, we can help you a lot easier.

Not that I am aware of it is the cable knit beret patterns on Red Heart and Lion Brand apps

Amylynne 12-27-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzeeq (Post 1364214)

Some of the basic beret patterns on Lion Brand app

suzeeq 12-27-2012 06:49 PM

The RH and Lion websites have lots of hat patterns on each one and wouldn't have the same ones. We can't access 'apps' so that doesn't explain much - what's the actual name of it?

With a cable pattern, the stitches cross on the RS rows, and the rest of the rows are similar to ribbing usually.

Amylynne 12-27-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amylynne (Post 1364221)
Some of the basic beret patterns on Lion Brand app

I am basically still fairly new to knitting and am very comfortable with straight one point needles