KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Year's Eve? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111469)

debminerva 12-27-2012 08:41 PM

New Year's Eve?

Will there be a New Year's Eve party this year? It is always fun to ring in the New Year hanging out online so I really hope it is a go this year.

Shandeh 12-28-2012 02:35 PM

Oh yeah! We're gonna party like it's 2013!!
Our celebration is even greater because the MAYANS WERE WRONG!!!!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

susianna 12-28-2012 03:21 PM

Sandy, thank you for pointing that out!:rofl: Yes, indeed, were they wrong or what? Helps to lend some extra festivity to the New Year.:teehee: So what are the details of this New Year's Party?

GrumpyGramma 12-28-2012 03:28 PM

I'll have my best party PJs, slippers, etc., all ready! When it comes to a New Year's Eve bash, nobody hosts a party like you do! :clink: Thank you!

Quote:

the MAYANS WERE WRONG!!!!
Were they? Or was it a misinterpretation?

debminerva 12-28-2012 03:44 PM

:woohoo:

I have had a ridiculous week at work - everyone on vacation (but me) and the only thing keeping me going is looking forward to the New Year's Eve party at KnittingHelp.com.

This makes me so happy. Thank you!!!!

amy 12-28-2012 03:48 PM

:woot: We're so glad you're doing it again this year, Sandy! Such fun! Sheldon says he's going to PM you. He's got a list of goodies he wants to contribute from our store to the New Years party give-aways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shandeh (Post 1364278)
Our celebration is even greater because the MAYANS WERE WRONG!!!!
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering:

:roflhard: Hey, just because they didn't depict a fifth era in their 4-era hieroglyphs, doesn't mean they didn't believe in it. But I have to admit, I was crossing my fingers just in case. :oo:

I like the new age Hippy astrological interpretation the best: That we're in the beginning of a new and glorious Aquarian Age of peace and love! :pray:

Daylilydayzed 12-28-2012 04:03 PM

I don't celebrate on New years Eve any more. My mother passed at 1:30 in the afternoon on Dec 31 in 2003.

Shandeh 12-28-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daylilydayzed (Post 1364286)
I don't celebrate on New years Eve any more. My mother passed at 1:30 in the afternoon on Dec 31 in 2003.

Oh dear! So sad! I hope that you will find a way to remember her and honor her memory in a special way that evening. :heart:

Shandeh 12-28-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susianna (Post 1364282)
So what are the details of this New Year's Party?

No details yet, but stay tuned! I spent the day today removing every speck of Christmas from my house. I can't focus on the new year with all that stuff in my face. :teehee:

Quote:

Originally Posted by debminerva (Post 1364284)
:woohoo:
I have had a ridiculous week at work - everyone on vacation (but me) and the only thing keeping me going is looking forward to the New Year's Eve party at KnittingHelp.com.
This makes me so happy. Thank you!!!!

I'm looking forward to it too! I need to break out the ol' espresso machine, so I can stay up all night again. :D

Shandeh 12-28-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1364283)
I'll have my best party PJs, slippers, etc., all ready! When it comes to a New Year's Eve bash, nobody hosts a party like you do! :clink: Thank you!

:muah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by amy (Post 1364285)
:woot: We're so glad you're doing it again this year, Sandy! Such fun! Sheldon says he's going to PM you. He's got a list of goodies he wants to contribute from our store to the New Years party give-aways.

Awesome! :D