KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Big news (mostly personal) from the KH homestead (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111482)

amy 12-28-2012 08:46 PM

Big news (mostly personal) from the KH homestead

Hi everyone,

Our big news here at KnittingHelp home headquarters, is that Sheldon and I are expecting a baby boy in February!

Also, our daughter Erin has been super into knitting lately (as much as a 4 year old can be into anything), which is just as big news, as far as I'm concerned. :mrgreen:

Life is good. It's been a busy Fall, but I'm feeling like things are settling down and I can focus on Baby and getting ready for his arrival in a month and a half.

Oh, and the other big thing in our lives is that our little KnittingHelp shop, which we run out of our home, is about to expand. (As soon as I can make up my mind about the inventory! Send me some expedient-decision-making vibes, please!) We'll be stocking all manner of essential knitting accessories , and, most exciting to me, a line of yarn with a gorgeous color pallet. Just a favorite, affordable worsted weight to start with. Sheldon thinks it's a good business plan, and I think it is too, :psst: but really I just want a full color pallet of an awesome yarn stocked in my own house. :teehee:

GrumpyGramma 12-28-2012 09:12 PM

:thumbsup: Congratulations! A new baby boy is wonderful news! :woot: I need some "essential knitting accessories" and hopefully will be able to purchase them through KH! My wish list is officially on hold now until I hear more about the expanded shop here. You and Sheldon are brilliant! This is already my favorite place on the net, now I'll be able to help support it through the shop. :muah: :grphug:

amy 12-28-2012 09:25 PM

GG, you are sooooo sweet! :hug:

Jan in CA 12-28-2012 09:38 PM

Yay! So happy for you both! That's awesome that Erin is knitting, too. I can't believe she's 4 now! :zombie:

Great news about the KH shop! :thumbsup:

salmonmac 12-28-2012 09:50 PM

Congratulations and all my very best wishes for you and your family! That's wonderful, exciting news all around.

suzeeq 12-28-2012 09:58 PM

Lots of good news on all fronts! And exciting, as well...

Daylilydayzed 12-29-2012 04:17 AM

Congratulations on the new baby boy coming! I think that it is great that Erin is knitting already. I wish I had learned to knit at an early age .

Antares 12-29-2012 12:35 PM

Woohoo! Congratulations to you and your husband on your soon-to-be-here baby boy!!

Looking forward to your store expansion, and your new yarn line, too.

(At first, I typed in "Looking forward to your expansion," but then I decided I should probably specify the store expansion because otherwise it sounds kinda bad in light of the previous sentence! :teehee:)

susianna 12-29-2012 12:38 PM

Amy, I am very happy for you and Sheldon- that's wonderful news!:hug: I'm a beginner and have been part of this forum for several months now, and honestly this is my favorite site to come to; it has become my knitting home....from the helpful videos to all the friendly and encouraging folks here. I'm excited about the shop, too! Thank you for all of this and blessings on your family.:heart: :heart:

Ronda 12-29-2012 02:47 PM

Congratulations! :muah: :cheering: :woot: