KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pattern Central (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Dog snood pattern (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111763)

fannie 01-14-2013 09:39 PM

Dog snood pattern

I found a pattern for a dog snood . i made the snood on straight needles and sewed the seam . It turned out well and its the perfect size for my Chihuahua . I would like to make it on circular needles . Can someone help me with the length of cord i would need for my needles . for 48 stiches
Here is what the pattern calls for

3,5mm (US 4) double- pointed needles
Minpin sized dog to humiliate
Size
Made for minpin head.
Length: 18cm
Circumference (in stockinet te): 30cm
cast on 48 stiches

GrumpyGramma 01-14-2013 09:43 PM

Can you link to the pattern? A picture of it? What's it called? Where is the icord used?

fannie 01-14-2013 09:49 PM

Its on ravelry and its called
To humiliate the dog . The free pattern can be downloaded but it said i am not supposed to repost

suzeeq 01-14-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fannie (Post 1366654)
Its on ravelry and its called
To humiliate the dog . The free pattern can be downloaded but it said i am not supposed to repost

You can still post a few lines to ask for help, but I think we have all the information we need to help you.

"Circumference (in stockinette): 30cm"

That would be about 12" and while they make 9 and 12" circulars, many people find them a pain to work with as the tips are very short. However, you can use longer circs - 24 to 32" and use the magic loop or single loop techniqus. Magic loop is show on the Advanced techniques page, and SL can be viewed at One Loop (Travelling Loop Method)

If you're going to use more stitches, you can probably do one on a 16" circ.

GrumpyGramma 01-14-2013 10:06 PM

To Humiliate The Dog Is this it? I'm going to d/l it, my DD's family has 'huas.

ETA: I can't read! I thought you were asking about I cord. No wonder I couldn't find where it's used. :chair:

suzeeq 01-14-2013 10:30 PM

I just read the information at ravelry - size 4 needles with bulky yarn!?!? That must be awfully hard to work with, I'd suggest a fingering or sport weight instead. Some people used worsted and cast on more stitches, though they may have needed to make a larger size.

fatoldladyinpjs 01-15-2013 12:19 AM

Last year's squirrel costume and the shark costume this year were bad enough. The dog hated them.

mojo11 01-15-2013 10:12 AM

This is just SO wrong on SO many levels... I'd never subject Tonka (my black Lab mix) to this.

Then again, Tonka would have this off and destroyed in about eight seconds. Maybe less.:biting:

mojo11 01-15-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1366656)
To Humiliate The Dog Is this it? I'm going to d/l it, my DD's family has 'huas.

ETA: I can't read! I thought you were asking about I cord. No wonder I couldn't find where it's used. :chair:

I saw I-cord too. Guess we're both dyslexic this morning. :thud:

suzeeq 01-15-2013 11:03 AM

Y'all sort of got I cord out of this - "length of cord i would need"