KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Free online sock class (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111801)

Oxknit 01-17-2013 03:51 PM

Free online sock class

I'm supporting a free online sock class if anyone's interested. The intro is here and part 1 is here

DavidSydney63 01-22-2013 04:58 PM

You're not supporting free classes at all are you? ... it would appear to be your website. But it looks interesting.

Jan in CA 01-22-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidSydney63 (Post 1367807)
You're not supporting free classes at all are you? ... it would appear to be your website. But it looks interesting.

That would be my guess. :teehee:

GrumpyGramma 01-22-2013 10:23 PM

I couldn't figure it out. I looked at the site, but as I know how to knit socks already, I didn't look very closely. Just now I clicked on one of the video links and it's a video by knittingtipsbyjudy on youtube. I've seen some of her videos and find them very helpful.

Oxknit 01-23-2013 01:11 PM

Confused

I don't quite understand the suggestion that I'm promoting my website, not offering a free class. I don't have a website, just a Wordpress blog using their free server so I don't get any revenue from traffic. I am clearly running a free sock class. It is aimed at knitters who want a bit of support when trying their first sock. I am providing that support for free.

GrumpyGramma 01-23-2013 01:17 PM

That's good, finding the right sock tutorial can be challenging. What works best for me won't work well at all for someone else. The confusion was, we couldn't understand what you meant by
Quote:

I'm supporting a free online sock
We didn't understand that you're offering your own sock class. Thanks for clarifying. I hope you like it here and join the discussions.

Jan in CA 01-23-2013 03:03 PM

No problem, it was in the wording and it was your first post. :hug:

Since you are an active member with other topics we are fine with this. What happens occasionally is someone registers and only posts links to their own site which is really just another form of spamming. We have a business thread in the Buy/Sell/Swap Forum if that's all one wants to do. Since you are joining us and becoming involved we are glad to have you here and this looks like a great pattern. :thumbsup:

Oxknit 01-23-2013 03:45 PM

Cool

Glad we've got that cleared up! I had intended to do my own videos but found so many that are so good it made more sense to direct people to a bunch of the good ones so they could find a learning style to suit them with me there to help out if they get stuck. The heel section should have been up this week but I've had a chest infection that's kept me in bed for three days, too I'll to knit, I don't think that's ever happened before.

GrumpyGramma 01-23-2013 03:50 PM

I sure hope you're feeling better. What'cha got otn?

Oxknit 01-23-2013 04:24 PM

Socks! A lace scarf, an Elizabeth zimmerman jumper and a shawl.