KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Finding Amy's videos when I need them (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111892)

GrumpyGramma 01-23-2013 04:35 PM

Finding Amy's videos when I need them
 
Is there a way to search for a particular video on this site? I haven't found a way to do it. I never seem to be able to find the video I want, when I want it. If I go to the Knitting Help youtube channel I can search and usually find it, but I'd really like to not have to do it that way. What am I missing?

mojo11 01-23-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1367932)
Is there a way to search for a particular video on this site? I haven't found a way to do it. I never seem to be able to find the video I want, when I want it. If I go to the Knitting Help youtube channel I can search and usually find it, but I'd really like to not have to do it that way. What am I missing?

I suppose you (the Royal "You") could copy all of the kinks into a blog thread... if you have that kind of patience. :teehee:

Jan in CA 01-23-2013 05:25 PM

There's a video tab at the top of the page... Mostly the sections are self explanatory. Increases, decreases, cast ons and advanced techniques like fair isle, intarsia, DPN, etc. Tips are fixing mistakes, joining, center pull ball,... You remember them on your own after awhile. :lol:

I don't use YouTube for KH videos. I use the app or the forum video tab.

sakura-panda 01-23-2013 05:43 PM

Do you have an example? I went to the search box and the very top of the screen (all the way to the right) and typed in:

video: cast on

...and it came back with a list of videos about casting on.

suzeeq 01-23-2013 05:54 PM

But not all the videos are listed on the video page. On the Increases page there used to be links to the purl increases below the descriptions and link for the knit ones. I've asked if those links can be put in somewhere because telling someone that m1p is the same as m1k except you purl it often doesn't work for everyone.

The Glossary page also has links to many of the videos that aren't covered by the main Video pages - ptbl, double decreases, k-b for k1below and several others. That's probably the best index we have though.

mojo11 01-23-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzeeq (Post 1367944)
But not all the videos are listed on the video page. On the Increases page there used to be links to the purl increases below the descriptions and link for the knit ones. I've asked if those links can be put in somewhere because telling someone that m1p is the same as m1k except you purl it often doesn't work for everyone.

The Glossary page also has links to many of the videos that aren't covered by the main Video pages - ptbl, double decreases, k-b for k1below and several others. That's probably the best index we have though.

Usually search functions search the whole site, or at least offer the option of searching the whole site. Try it with a video you know isn't on the video tab and see if it gives you the results you expect.

suzeeq 01-23-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Usually search functions search the whole site, or at least offer the option of searching the whole site. Try it with a video you know isn't on the video tab and see if it gives you the results you expect.
Oh I'm sure. I was replying to Jan's post to go to the Video tabs and see the links to the different sections there - Cast ons, Knit, Purl, Increases, Decreases, Cast off, Tips and Advanced Techniques. I still have trouble remembering if certain videos I know are here are on the Tips or Adv Techniques page

Jan in CA 01-23-2013 06:36 PM

I hadn't noticed that, Sue. I see there are some links on the glossary page though so that is certainly something to check if you don't find what you want. The app has some on the specific section fortunately.

GrumpyGramma 01-23-2013 07:47 PM

I decided to try the circular gauge swatch video and tried searching for it, no videos came up but there were threads. I think I'm just dense. I never remember which section some videos are in. The cast ons or increases and decreases are pretty easy to find but some are just more elusive. I'll just not worry about it and post links for whatever videos I find. It's just that I'd rather post links for KH videos whenever I can.

suzeeq 01-23-2013 07:50 PM

Try the Tips page for it, maybe Adv Techniques.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 AM.


copyright knittinghelp.com