Forum Forum (
-   How-to Questions (
-   -   What does this mean...? (

hannah6122000 03-04-2013 03:53 AM

What does this mean...?
OK, so I got this knitting pattern off the internet and starting to read it I have no Idea what or how to do some of the abbreviations, and since you guys are all dedicated knitters I thought you could tell me what these abbreviations mean and how to do them, so here's the list...
What does:
RS, KFB, RS, w&t, SSK, PFB, PSSO, CO and BO.
Thanks to anyone that helps out, keep knitting!:knitting:

hannah6122000 03-04-2013 03:55 AM

Sorry about the double RS it's meant to be 1 RS and 1 WS. Sorry.:aww:

salmonmac 03-04-2013 06:39 AM

Hi and welcome to Knitting Help!
RS is right side of knit fabric, the side facing outward or the public side as opposed to WS, wrong side which is the side closest to the body.
KFB, knit front and back of the same stitch, an increase
w&t, wrap and turn, a way of creating short rows
SSK, slip, slip, knit slipped stitches together (slants to the left)
PFB purl front and back, an increase
PSSO, pass slip stitch over
CO, cast on
BO, bind off
There's a Glosary tab at the top of this page that defines these terms and more and has videos for many of them too.
Enjoy knitting your pattern.

GrumpyGramma 03-04-2013 10:47 AM

Hi. salmonmac answered your question. I'll ask you: Whatcha knittin'?

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 AM.