KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP: Baby Blanket (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112418)

LoveBugAngel 03-07-2013 10:03 AM

WIP: Baby Blanket

1 Attachment(s)
This is my first time using any sort of "lace" pattern. I got this yarn on sale it's a giant ball. It's Bernat Baby Sport so I found this pattern and am working on it.

I messed up the first try and ended up unravelling the whole thing. This is my second shot at it, and I was about 3 hours in when I realized I messed up the garter stitch on the side, but thanks to some kind folks here I was able to fix it without having to unravel the whole thing.

I took this photo before I had made the mistake. I have worked probably a total of 8 hours on it so far, so I do have a bit more than this photo shows.

Thats mom holding up my work for me to take a photo.

nonny2t 03-07-2013 10:23 AM

It looks great and I love the colors they are perfect for a baby. Keep on going it is going to be fabulous when finished!

Antares 03-07-2013 10:47 AM

It's gorgeous! The perfect start to a perfect baby blanket.

By the way, you might want to insert a lifeline (and be sure to mark on your pattern where you put it, too) so if you mess up again, you don't have to start over from the beginning; instead, you can just rip back to your lifeline and start from there.

GrumpyGramma 03-07-2013 11:39 AM

That's a great start to a beautiful blanket. Love the colors. Thanks, Mom, for the helping hand!

salmonmac 03-08-2013 07:34 AM

That's going to be a beautiful baby blanket. It's a lovely pattern and it works well with the multicolor yarn. Can't wait to see the complete blanket. I second the idea of the lifeline. You may not need it but just in case, it'll save lots of time.

LoveBugAngel 03-08-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1371548)
It's gorgeous! The perfect start to a perfect baby blanket.

By the way, you might want to insert a lifeline (and be sure to mark on your pattern where you put it, too) so if you mess up again, you don't have to start over from the beginning; instead, you can just rip back to your lifeline and start from there.

I'm not sure what you mean by insert a life line? How would I do that?

LoveBugAngel 03-08-2013 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Slow progress but it's coming along. I almost think it may not be wide enough. But I suppose I can just make it longer to make up for it being short in width.

GrumpyGramma 03-08-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveBugAngel (Post 1371641)
I'm not sure what you mean by insert a life line? How would I do that?

How To Use Lifelines In Knitting

ArtLady1981 03-08-2013 06:10 PM

Lovely work! I like to work with pastels! Very cheery!

LoveBugAngel 03-15-2013 06:14 PM

So upset had to frog the whole thing! Starting over making it wider will def use a life line this time