KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: My "Not Arlene" Shortsleeved Pullover (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112512)

aprilbetty 03-14-2013 10:02 AM

FO: My "Not Arlene" Shortsleeved Pullover

2 Attachment(s)
Antares' "Almost Arlene" sweater was the inspiration for this sweater which I call "Not Arlene." I knitted it from the top down using the formula in Ann Budd's "Top Down Sweaters." The lace is Oriel from Barbara Walker's "Second Treasury." The yarn is a bamboo-cotton-nylon blend, and it is perfect for South Florida. I used size 6 needles. I added the small garter stitch border at the neck after the body of the sweater was finished. I used a sewn bind-off, which is quite stretchy.

Antares 03-14-2013 11:00 AM

That turned out gorgeous! Love the color you chose, as well as the lace. And best of all, it looks so very good on you.

(My goodness, you're a zippy knitter!! It took me over a year to finish Almost Arlene.)

GrumpyGramma 03-14-2013 11:43 AM

That's a beautiful top. Very nicely done. Which color is more accurate, the purple or the more rose color with you wearing it. You look great in it!

aprilbetty 03-14-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1372093)
That turned out gorgeous! Love the color you chose, as well as the lace. And best of all, it looks so very good on you.

(My goodness, you're a zippy knitter!! It took me over a year to finish Almost Arlene.)

Thanks! This sweater was the only thing I was knitting. Short sleeves go really fast. And I started over just once!

aprilbetty 03-14-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1372095)
That's a beautiful top. Very nicely done. Which color is more accurate, the purple or the more rose color with you wearing it. You look great in it!

Thanks! The purple is more accurate. I guess the lighting was different, and that is why the colors look different.

Jan in CA 03-14-2013 01:24 PM

That came out really pretty!

nonny2t 03-14-2013 02:19 PM

It is really pretty. Which color is more accurate the purple or the self photo of you? It looks spectacular on you and I love the bottom of it.

GrumpyGramma 03-14-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aprilbetty (Post 1372100)
Thanks! The purple is more accurate. I guess the lighting was different, and that is why the colors look different.

It's lovely in both colors as they photographed but I really do prefer the purple. You have very good taste. :) I think I need to get one of Ann Budd's books.

ABC's Mom 03-14-2013 03:55 PM

Very nicely done!! Love the color.
I had to do a double take when I saw this as I just picked up the Spring Love of Knitting Magazine this afternoon. What caught my eye when looking through the magazine was the "Raspberry Sorbet" sweater on page 45. It is very similar to the one you just finished with the lacey pattern at the bottom. The biggest difference is this one has a different neckline. It uses a placket like on a polo shirt without the collar.

Antares 03-14-2013 04:44 PM

Just out of curiosity, did you do any waste shaping? It doesn't look like it from the first photo, but I thought I'd ask.

You know, you're inspiring me to make another one of these--maybe without the buttons and with long sleeves or something. Must finish other projects first! Must finish other projects first! (Does that self-talk stuff really work?)