KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FP DOG and CAT SATCHEL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112557)

offgridgirl 03-18-2013 09:25 PM

FP DOG and CAT SATCHEL

3 Attachment(s)
I finished....I finished......:yay: :yay: :yay:

Gosh but it was a difficult at the end....all that sewing...and cutting!!

I changed the pattern and made some adjustments!! All in all I like it and I'm gonna use it this week....:mrgreen:

GrumpyGramma 03-18-2013 09:30 PM

Oh, that is delightful! You absolutely did a great job on it. It's awesome! It's better IMHO than the picture that KP had. :thumbsup: Enjoy using it and expect compliments.

I have the kit, but I'm just now getting into color work so I've not started it yet. Does it have instructions on making the lining or did you have to figure it out for yourself? I've been too intimidated by it to even look!

offgridgirl 03-18-2013 09:39 PM

It does have instructions for the lining. I didn't find them useful and hubby had to engineer a solution for me. We did it in cardboard first and then used that as a pattern for the lining. Get the thickest webbing material and it comes in black.(at JO-anne's fabrics) Which I just found out today! So maybe I do another lining...:rofl: My Hubby did a lot of the sewing and fabrication. It took 3 days!! UGH!!:mrgreen:

Email me if you get stuck...knitting part was easy...compared to the lining...sheesh...Where's my mom when I need her!!

offgridgirl at gmail dot com

Antares 03-18-2013 11:04 PM

That turned out gorgeous, and the lining looks so good with some added pockets (maybe?). And even more impressive than that: your husband designed the lining---and he sews? How lucky can a girl get?

offgridgirl 03-18-2013 11:25 PM

Thanks, I am very proud for the way it came out. I changed the pattern on the strap. It got complicated when I had to knit it upside down so that it was facing the right way on the sides of the satchel.

Well..I did the designing and then hubby had to figure out how to get all to fit. I did a cell phone pocket in the back. I did the pen and keys pocket on the inside. I did select the material. I just needed help with the lining box. Hubby did use the sowing machine for some parts and I hand sowed the rest. Yes, lucky to have hubby...we have know each other since 3rd grade.:teehee:

My mom found the black lining today and called. We don't have it here in Canada so she will send me what I need.

Jan in CA 03-19-2013 12:17 AM

That came out great! So cute!

Took me a minute to figure out what FP was as I've never seen that abbreviation before. :teehee: I've only see FO.

asmp 03-19-2013 06:41 AM

l

Quote:

Originally Posted by offgridgirl (Post 1372447)
I finished....I finished......:yay: :yay: :yay:

Gosh but it was a difficult at the end....all that sewing...and cutting!!

I changed the pattern and made some adjustments!! All in all I like it and I'm gonna use it this week....:mrgreen:

you go girl nice:cheering: :cheering:

salmonmac 03-19-2013 07:02 AM

I love it! What a fun bag and lt looks like lots of fun to make. The finishing, maybe not so much fun but it looks very professional. Well done by both you and your husband.

nonny2t 03-19-2013 09:19 AM

It is adorable. What a super bag! Everyone will want one when they see it.

justplaincharlotte 03-19-2013 01:15 PM

Oh wow! Your bag came out amazing! :thumbsup: