KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: "Charlotte's Shrug" (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112590)

ArtLady1981 03-21-2013 04:38 PM

FO: "Charlotte's Shrug"

"Charlotte's Shrug" is a cute little design I spotted in a LYS...on the 2010 LYS TOUR. I just got around to knitting it up. If it fits my daughter, and if she likes it, I will give it to her next Tuesday. I didn't specifically knit it for her....I just knit it. It's a one size fits all. It does fit me, but I think it will look better on her.
Stay tuned....

Edited to add: I just remembered...she's allergic to mohair. Silk Garden is 40% mohair. She gets itchy welts if she even touches it, or if I'm wearing it when we sit together at a movie. She can wear 100% wool, but no funny stuff included like kid mohair or angora rabbit.

This the the shrug that I knit.

Noro Silk Garden, color 269...2 strands held together, plus 1 strand of Saldanha lace weight gets gauge of 10 st = 4" on US13 needle

This is the true color, photo taken by the window.

Here are my Rav notes if you care to look. I've included links and shop contact information on how you can get the pattern from Main Street Yarn shop. They have a Ravelry group, too.

Below is the photo I took in the LYS back in 2010. This photo is the SHOP SAMPLE.

Antares 03-21-2013 04:56 PM

Well done, ArtLady.

Which picture is the actual color? (Both are lovely, but you know whole cat and curiosity thing, right? Well, my cat wants to know!) :)

ArtLady1981 03-21-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1372714)
Well done, ArtLady.

Which picture is the actual color? (Both are lovely, but you know whole cat and curiosity thing, right? Well, my cat wants to know!) :)

Oh sorry for the confusion.

I fixed my post to say that the grey shrug up on the yarn cupboards is the SHOP SAMPLE.

The shrug that I knit is the beige/cream version.

Antares 03-21-2013 05:40 PM

Yeah, I got the shop version and your version down, but when I look at your pictures I see a lighter version and a darker version.

ArtLady1981 03-21-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1372718)
Yeah, I got the shop version and your version down, but when I look at your pictures I see a lighter version and a darker version.

Oh, gotcha. One was taken by the window....more light....one was taken hanging on the coat closet door, less light.

Click my Ravelry link to the project....I posted about six photos.

Color 269 Silk Garden has a lot of variants of cream, grey, beige.

To my naked eye, the true color is accurately shown in the 2nd photo, the full frontal view by the window, hanging on the blocking table.

GrumpyGramma 03-21-2013 09:01 PM

:thumbsup: Lovely!
Good color choice, better than the shop sample.
Is the pattern available somewhere?

offgridgirl 03-21-2013 09:14 PM

Beautiful....Love the color and mohair...WOO WOO!!:yay: :yay:
I call it a bed jacket.....It fits for when you are sitting in bed, sick or hospital and keep the upper body warm. I wear mine all the time......

ArtLady1981 03-21-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1372736)
:thumbsup: Lovely!
Good color choice, better than the shop sample.
Is the pattern available somewhere?

I bought it (1-pg leaflet) at Main Street Yarn shop in Miill Creek, Wa.
I included their phone number and address (link) in my "Charlotte's Shrug" notebook notes.

I contacted them a while ago...and they do have the pattern available. $3.50 plus mailing. Hopefully a one-page leaflet won't cost more than $1 or so. I don't know where you live in relation to Mill Creek...but maybe a visit to the shop would be fun! It's a beautiful shop, lots of variety and space, and good lighting! I loved it when I visited.

They have a website with lots of contact info. Click here.
Or, contact them by phone 425-337-9606.

justplaincharlotte 03-21-2013 10:37 PM

Beautiful, as always, ArtLady! :inlove:

nonny2t 03-22-2013 10:29 AM

Lovely. This would always be nice for church or somewhere you want some coverage from the chill but not a whole heavy cardigan. It is beautiful