KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bamboo needles (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112634)

JudyD 03-25-2013 08:17 AM

Bamboo needles
 
If anyone is looking for a good deal on bamboo needles check out eknittingneedles.com I just ordered a set of 8-inch DP needles (5 of each) in all sizes up to 15 for $24.99 and free shipping (when you chose that option). Savings of $35.00. I have the set of 6-inch and love them. I was not a particular fan of bamboo needles before this purchase but now love them for socks and mittens.

They also have circulars for sale and accessories. Shop is located in Pennsylvania.

Judy

meganb1977 03-25-2013 02:54 PM

They have the same deal on the full set of circular bamboo needles and have a few different cord lengths you can choose.

GrumpyGramma 03-25-2013 03:19 PM

I'm looking at their circs. Has anyone tried the stitchberry needles? At $2.99 I just might try a set if I'm making an order anyhow.

Jan in CA 03-25-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1373022)
I'm looking at their circs. Has anyone tried the stitchberry needles? At $2.99 I just might try a set if I'm making an order anyhow.

That looks like a plastic cable which I've hated in the past. Hmmm...

barbarajo 03-25-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1373022)
I'm looking at their circs. Has anyone tried the stitchberry needles? At $2.99 I just might try a set if I'm making an order anyhow.

I was also in the market for several sizes of the long bamboo needles in a set. Couldn't find the Clover brand in a set, they seem more expensive but I have 1 set long and one set of dpn from them. So I was shopping @ Amazon and one person complained about the stitchberry brand, so I decided against that brand.

barbarajo 03-25-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbarajo (Post 1373031)
I was also in the market for several sizes of the long bamboo needles in a set. Couldn't find the Clover brand in a set, they seem more expensive but I have 1 set long and one set of dpn from them. So I was shopping @ Amazon and one person complained about the stitchberry brand, so I decided against that brand.

What I meant to say is I only have a size 7 in long bamboo & 1 set of size 10 in the dpn from Clover.

GrumpyGramma 03-25-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1373025)
That looks like a plastic cable which I've hated in the past. Hmmm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbarajo (Post 1373031)
I was also in the market for several sizes of the long bamboo needles in a set. Couldn't find the Clover brand in a set, they seem more expensive but I have 1 set long and one set of dpn from them. So I was shopping @ Amazon and one person complained about the stitchberry brand, so I decided against that brand.


Thanks for the comments.

Jan, I have a set of Clover 48" size 2 that I ordered just to see what it's like and the cable on it looks like skinny weed eater cord but after dipping it in hot water before I started using it, it behaves almost like the KP cables. I actually like it! and hate having my preconcieved notions dashed! :mrgreen: I like the short bamboo tips for socks, too. The cord on the stitchberry brand looked iffy so I thought I'd ask.

barb, was it the cable that was complained about on Amazon? I'll see if I can find it to read for myself.

I'd only risk a few bucks if I don't have to pay shipping and was ordering anyhow. The eneedles site is hard to run things down on IME.

suzeeq 03-25-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Has anyone tried the stitchberry needles? At $2.99 I just might try a set if I'm making an order anyhow.
That's the eknittingneedles site too. Their cords look like the tubing that is often found on inexpensive needles. Sometimes they're too stiff, sometimes to flexible, but they're usually close to the same size as the needle and it can be harder to push the stitches along them unlike other cords which are thinner. Let us know how they work for you.

GrumpyGramma 03-25-2013 04:57 PM

I'm not sure I'm ordering anything now, Sue, but if I do, I'll let you know what I think of them. Hopefully if I try them what I think of them won't get bleeped. :teehee:

Jan in CA 03-25-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1373034)

Jan, I have a set of Clover 48" size 2 that I ordered just to see what it's like and the cable on it looks like skinny weed eater cord but after dipping it in hot water before I started using

If you're willing to do that then they might be fine. I'm not. Just too many good needles to buy something that "might" work. I know not everyone feels that way ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 PM.


copyright knittinghelp.com