KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP - Autumn Garden Wrist Warmers (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112740)

butlersabroad 04-03-2013 12:45 PM

WIP - Autumn Garden Wrist Warmers

As requested by, Woodi I think, here's a WIP of my Autumn Garden Wrist Warmers. The pattern came from The Knitter magazine which my husband brought back from England for me last year, along with it's sister magazine Simply Knitting. It's also available on Ravelry as a bought pattern.

They're not blocked yet and the photo booth lights are bleaching out the colour a bit too, but I'm really happy with the first one:

Can anyone spot this mistake? Quite noticeable if you know what you've looking for but it won't be noticeable once blocked and when I'm wearing them!

Wool is Malabrigo Arroyo 100% Merino in Candombe.

Lizars1735 04-03-2013 12:51 PM

Looks great! Love the colors too. I don't see any mistake.

Jan in CA 04-03-2013 02:03 PM

So pretty!

ArtLady1981 04-03-2013 03:40 PM

Simply gorgeous! The pattern stitch is playing very nice with the yarn!

No, I don't see any errors. I think the yarn is good at hiding little flaws!

They are wonderful wrist warmers. I think it's really nice to have such colorful wrist warmers. I usually see neutral colors. I really like the spice of your colors!!!

nonny2t 04-03-2013 03:47 PM

Oooh I really love the yarn colors. We ladies and gents don't find flaws unless someone needs help fixing it. I think no matter how experienced you are or how difficult or easy your work is people make mistakes. I surely do. I only fix them if they yell out "You screwed up, fix me right now!!" :) You are doing a great job!

butlersabroad 04-03-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 (Post 1373726)
Simply gorgeous! The pattern stitch is playing very nice with the yarn!

No, I don't see any errors. I think the yarn is good at hiding little flaws!

They are wonderful wrist warmers. I think it's really nice to have such colorful wrist warmers. I usually see neutral colors. I really like the spice of your colors!!!

I'll be honest here, I was looking for something plainer to show off the stitches, hubby chose this so I went with it. Neither of us had any clue how it would wind up, where the colours would be etc. I'm glad how it turned out!

ArtLady1981 04-03-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butlersabroad (Post 1373729)
I'll be honest here, I was looking for something plainer to show off the stitches, hubby chose this so I went with it. Neither of us had any clue how it would wind up, where the colours would be etc. I'm glad how it turned out!

Yes, very true....if the pattern stitch was worked with a plain color, it would be the eye catcher....but I really like how the pattern stitch is adding texture to the . colorway. It allows that gorgeous color to be the SHOWCASE!

salmonmac 04-03-2013 06:04 PM

Well, the colors are wonderful and so is the pattern. Very nicely done and a treat to look forward to wearing this fall. Actually, if the cold keeps up, you may be able to wear them this summer. Thanks very much for the photo.

Antares 04-03-2013 07:47 PM

Lovely wrist warmers! I like how the rib widens out every now and then, and the color works perfectly, something that doesn't always happen when you've got several things going at once.

Did you say there's a mistake somewhere? Don't see it, can't find it, not even looking for it, so don't worry about it.

If someone can't see it driving by in a car at a slow 30 mph while you're dangling your wrist warmer out the window, then you're good! (That's my modern take on the old saying about spotting errors from the back of a running horse . . . or however that went).

justplaincharlotte 04-03-2013 10:19 PM

Your lovely yarn patterned up beautifully and they look quite toasty!