KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   How-to Questions (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   shaker knitter (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112894)

seburns 04-17-2013 11:48 AM

shaker knitter

(raglan sleeve) Pattern says bind off 3 at beg of next 2 rows. then there is row 1 and 2. then rep the last two rows until 25 stitches remain (does this mean you need to bind off again on those 2 rows.)

Antares 04-17-2013 12:19 PM

Yes, it does kinda look like you'll need to bind off on the next two rows; HOWEVER, we might be able to help you better if we had a pattern name and/or link so we can read the directions in context. Plus, we like to see what folks are working on!

seburns 04-17-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1375060)
Yes, it does kinda look like you'll need to bind off on the next two rows; HOWEVER, we might be able to help you better if we had a pattern name and/or link so we can read the directions in context. Plus, we like to see what folks are working on!

The Pattern is in Debbie Bliss The Baby Knits book, raglan sweater, pg 36. under shap raglan. Thanks

salmonmac 04-17-2013 04:18 PM

Welcome to KH!
Thanks for the pattern book and designer info. I think we're going to need a quote of a few lines after the bind off for the sleeve. Not the whole pattern please, just those instructions at the start of the sleeve shaping.

seburns 04-17-2013 10:19 PM

seburns

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1375097)
Welcome to KH!
Thanks for the pattern book and designer info. I think we're going to need a quote of a few lines after the bind off for the sleeve. Not the whole pattern please, just those instructions at the start of the sleeve shaping.

Shape raglan
Bind off 3 sts at beg of next 2 rows.
1st row K2, skpo, k to last 4 sts, k2tog, k2
2nd row P to end
Rep the last 2 rows until 25 sts rem.

What I need to know do I bind off 3 sts at beg of row 1&2 thru the entire rep or only once at the beginning?
Thanks!

seburns 04-17-2013 10:55 PM

raglan sleeves

Quote:

Originally Posted by seburns (Post 1375144)
Shape raglan
2nd row P to end

What I need to know do I bind off 3 sts at beg of row 1&2 thru the entire rep or only once at the beginning?
Thanks!

This is a child's sweater pattern

GrumpyGramma 04-17-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seburns (Post 1375144)
Shape raglan
2nd row P to end

Thanks!

The instructions for the "next 2 rows" are done once. Repeat rows 1 & 2 only. You have a decrease at each end of row 1 (skpo & k2tog) which will decrease your stitch count by 2 each time you repeat the row.

salmonmac 04-18-2013 04:42 AM

Yes, bind off 3sts at the beginning of the next two rows (call them row a and row b), then start rows 1 and 2.
I just finished a baby blanket in a stitch similar to shaker rib. It does make a wonderfully squishable knit and should be great in a child's sweater. Post a photo of the finished sweater if you'd like. We'd love to see it.