KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP: Victoria Tank (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113017)

dancejunky 04-29-2013 03:31 AM

WIP: Victoria Tank

Just started a lace tank top in wool yarn recycled from a thrift-store sweater. Hoping to have it done by June so I can wear it this summer.

The pattern is Victoria Tank.

GrumpyGramma 04-29-2013 04:05 AM

Nice. Such a lovely color. Did you find it that color or dye it? That tank top is beautiful and in that color will be quite elegant.

salmonmac 04-29-2013 05:43 AM

That's going to be lovely and the color is gorgeous. I think that thrift store sweater would be happy to see it's next life.

nonny2t 04-29-2013 09:16 AM

It is going to be lovely and it is a great color. I always love folks who recycle old sweaters! Great job!

dancejunky 04-29-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1376030)
Nice. Such a lovely color. Did you find it that color or dye it? That tank top is beautiful and in that color will be quite elegant.

The sweater was already this lovely blue. I'm hurrying to make this top to wear with a nice skirt I just bought. Hope I don't screw this up. I decided to knit it at a looser gauge. I did the math and found I must knit a smaller size than I normally would. This is bottom up, so after I get a few more inches done, I'll try it around my hips and make sure I'm in the ballpark. I'm making this top longer than the one modeled in the pattern.

dancejunky 04-29-2013 03:37 PM

thrift-store sweaters

Nice to see so many fans of liberating yarn from thrift-store sweaters. Today I went to Goodwill and found 2 sweaters to unravel. #1 323g. of lambswool/angora (one of my fave blends). The color is pumpkin! I'll certainly knit up a top from that without dyeing it, then probably dye whatever's left over. #2 is a tweedy charcoal gray in cotton/acrylic/nylon (213g.) from which I'll make a couple of pairs of socks.

GrumpyGramma 04-29-2013 04:49 PM

I bet you can wear pumpkin well, in fact you'll be beautiful in it. In your avatar you look like a redhead. (I was a redhead for a while, I liked it! but I still couldn't wear oranges.) I'm going to have to get to more thrift stores, more often. So far, no luck.

dancejunky 04-29-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1376074)
I bet you can wear pumpkin well, in fact you'll be beautiful in it. In your avatar you look like a redhead. (I was a redhead for a while, I liked it! but I still couldn't wear oranges.) I'm going to have to get to more thrift stores, more often. So far, no luck.

Thank you. Yes, I'm a redhead, and yes I look OK in orange. It's not my best color (blues and greens are better), but I like the warm colors once in a while. I look horrible in yellow, though. My complexion is pinkish.

Re thrift stores, be sure to look through the shirts. A couple of the thrift stores I go to don't have a separate space for sweaters when they're out of season, so they mix them in with shirts.

ArtLady1981 05-01-2013 08:01 PM

Oh I love it! It's really nice in blue, too!

justplaincharlotte 05-01-2013 08:02 PM

That is going to be such a beautiful tank! :inlove: