KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   erhmm ... anyone a Blogspot blogger? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113218)

Marg1e 05-22-2013 01:35 AM

erhmm ... anyone a Blogspot blogger?

I had a WordPress blog; when I cancelled it, WordPress managed not to remove it from their 'reader', and I continued to receive comments in my email about it (happily, nice ones). When I asked them what the devil was going on, they airily said "Oh my! - we seem not to have managed to delete it from the reader: we'll do that now!", and they didn't. It went on for bloody weeks! - and although they promised to advise me re final cessation, etc., they didn't.
WordPress was set up by Aussies, I'm ashamed to say.
ANYWAY.
I know the Marketing Manager is going to urge me to start one up again, and it'd have to be a BlogSpot one, if I did.
Bottom line (you were wondering, I know): does any of you maintain a blog on Blogger/BlogSpot? - and, if so, may I pick your brains, please?

M.R.

Marg1e 05-23-2013 04:53 AM

'S okay, I can see no-one is ... and it doesn't matter at all, as I've since found out that Google are even ruder than the WordPress lot are.
Off to find another solution.

Jan in CA 05-23-2013 01:10 PM

I have a blogger account, but I haven't updated in years. Vie only kept it because of one post about ribbing issues. I didn't respond because I knew you'd have questions I probably couldn't answer. I created it by hit or miss and using the help section. I've never had trouble with Google though.

http://knittingandmore.blogspot.com/

I just noticed a lot of the pix are missing. I'll have to fix it.

Marg1e 05-23-2013 06:23 PM

Thanks so much, Jan - and I wasn't in the least offended at the turtle silence.
:-)
I knew it meant only that no-one's currently a blogger - at least, not a Blogger/Blogspot one.
I want to get one going again, by way of providing something myself in support of the book: the publishers aren't making any demands regarding same, but I feel a drive to do this. It'll be different from my first attempt, which I wasn't happy with because it seemed to be nothing if not narcissistic ... :neutral:
Gonna try TypePad, if their Help people will come to the party.

Artchic528 06-15-2013 05:13 PM

I blog using Blogger/Blogspot. If you'd like, you can see my knitting blog via the link on my signature. Its called Yarnolicous. I haven't updated it recently though, but it'll give you some idea of what a blog on that site will look like.

As for questions about Blogger/Blogspot, ask away! :mrgreen:

GrumpyGramma 06-15-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artchic528 (Post 1379367)
I blog using Blogger/Blogspot. If you'd like, you can see my knitting blog via the link on my signature. Its called Yarnolicous. I haven't updated it recently though, but it'll give you some idea of what a blog on that site will look like.

As for questions about Blogger/Blogspot, ask away! :mrgreen:

I just read your blog, very nice. How's the scarf coming along? With a pound of Caron you should be able to get a scarf and hat.

Artchic528 06-15-2013 05:29 PM

Its coming, GG. I have about 3 inches done so far (I'm not very fast yet). You may be right about getting a hat out of the skein too. One pound makes for an awful lot of yarn. Then again, I'm kind of a yarn hoarder. I can't help but love the stuff. Just ordered 3 more skeins from www.yarnmarket.com!!!

GrumpyGramma 06-15-2013 05:51 PM

Can't I enter to win a prelease copy of ATLMD because I'm in the U.S.??????

Artchic528 06-15-2013 05:59 PM

Errrmmm. I am not sure. What's ALTMD?

GrumpyGramma 06-15-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artchic528 (Post 1379372)
Errrmmm. I am not sure. What's ALTMD?

Oops! Sorry, it wasn't clear. M.R. has a book being published and there is a contest to win a copy. I was trying to enter. The title is And Then Like My Dreams.