KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Thought you might all like a laugh (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113565)

claireweber 06-25-2013 10:10 AM

Thought you might all like a laugh

This certainly gave me a chuckle this morning:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/11711383...ref=v1_other_1

Ingrid 06-25-2013 11:44 AM

:rofl:

Woofens 06-25-2013 12:35 PM

Thats adorable! I "need" a knitting bag for my new obsession!:roflhard:

Antares 06-25-2013 12:39 PM

And then there's the idea that you knit in public so you'll be ready to kill someone (but only if he messes with you, of course)!

When he's tickling and pestering me, I often have to remind my husband that I'm brandishing two sharp, pointy sticks, so BACK OFF!

GrumpyGramma 06-25-2013 01:38 PM

Uh, yeah. @ Antares: Not long ago I told a 14 year old to always take her knitting if she rides public transportation or something like that. She asked why. I told her she was less likely to be bothered by anyone if they saw she was hold sharp pointed sticks in her hands.

Marina1109 06-25-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1379990)
Uh, yeah. @ Antares: Not long ago I told a 14 year old to always take her knitting if she rides public transportation or something like that. She asked why. I told her she was less likely to be bothered by anyone if they saw she was hold sharp pointed sticks in her hands.

Great idea!!

I take public transportation all the time.
I take my knitting just to keep me busy and so I won't get bored.
But now I have a new reason to knit in public, thanks for the idea! :thumbsup:

GrumpyGramma 06-25-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marina1109 (Post 1379997)
Great idea!!

I take public transportation all the time.
I take my knitting just to keep me busy and so I won't get bored.
But now I have a new reason to knit in public, thanks for the idea! :thumbsup:

The Fine Art of Knitting and Self Defense?

I had to go through a scanner before going into an office waiting area and couldn't take my pocket knife that I had in my purse in with me, it had to go back to the car. They let my knitting needles go in with me and I sat and knitted. Frankly, if I'd wanted to hurt someone the needles would have been more damaging than a knife that I had to get out of my purse, assuming I could find it, and then open. :shrug: I'd forgotten about the knife being in my purse, told the dude at the door I didn't know what else might be considered a weapon and had him just go through my purse. Gramma packin' a knife gave a couple people a laugh, especially since I'd forgotten I had it. It had also slipped my mind I was carrying a fair bit of cash that day and I'm really glad nobody thought they should help themselves.

Perigrian 06-30-2013 06:54 PM

lol

shadowfox118 06-30-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1380001)
The Fine Art of Knitting and Self Defense?

I had to go through a scanner before going into an office waiting area and couldn't take my pocket knife that I had in my purse in with me, it had to go back to the car. They let my knitting needles go in with me and I sat and knitted. Frankly, if I'd wanted to hurt someone the needles would have been more damaging than a knife that I had to get out of my purse, assuming I could find it, and then open. :shrug: I'd forgotten about the knife being in my purse, told the dude at the door I didn't know what else might be considered a weapon and had him just go through my purse. Gramma packin' a knife gave a couple people a laugh, especially since I'd forgotten I had it. It had also slipped my mind I was carrying a fair bit of cash that day and I'm really glad nobody thought they should help themselves.

Mine are nickle plated brass, if i ever have jurry duty would they take them from me?

GrumpyGramma 06-30-2013 10:20 PM

Foxy, I think they just might. I'm amazed my purse was searched (at my request) and they were left in there. Who knows if they'd clear them there the next time or anywhere else? I'd expect needles to be disallowed no matter what they're made of. Well, maybe Denise needles might be OK.