KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Its back...with a tiny vengeance (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113652)

ad2knit 07-05-2013 11:47 AM

Its back...with a tiny vengeance

And i haven't done anything :( No seriously.

I've not knitted all week, well I've rarely knitted at all all week. And guess what? the lovely little pain in my index finger that I had when i first started this whole knitting thing, has returned after a few months of me knitting happily with no problems. Why? I have no idea. I haven't done anything to this finger! :(

So I guess it means this blanket is never going to be finished, I can't start my next project this weekend, and I need to hold fire on knitting until further notice? :(

salmonmac 07-05-2013 12:25 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that the old problem has returned. You were doing so well, too. Hope that rest or a chenge of craft (crochet?) will help out.

ad2knit 07-05-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1380663)
I'm really sorry to hear that the old problem has returned. You were doing so well, too. Hope that rest or a chenge of craft (crochet?) will help out.

I'm going to have to rest it. I don't think its the knitting this time that is causing the hand/finger pain, because as I've said, I have not touched the needles much at all this week (not because of the pain but because I've had a few days where I can't be bothered with anything) Urgh. And I really wanted to finish this stupid blanket before starting on my new project.

claireweber 07-05-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad2knit (Post 1380666)
I'm going to have to rest it. I don't think its the knitting this time that is causing the hand/finger pain, because as I've said, I have not touched the needles much at all this week (not because of the pain but because I've had a few days where I can't be bothered with anything) Urgh. And I really wanted to finish this stupid blanket before starting on my new project.

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. What does your doctor say? There are a few things that I do to deal with physical pain, if you are considering using herbs, you need to do research to find out if they pose any contraindications with any medications you may be using. I use Serrapeptase and Turmeric to deal with inflammation and occasionally White Willow Bark for acute pain. I have also used an athletic tape, referred to as "Kinesiology" tape. Arnica cream is also good to use for injuries.

GrumpyGramma 07-05-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claireweber (Post 1380695)
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. What does your doctor say? There are a few things that I do to deal with physical pain, if you are considering using herbs, you need to do research to find out if they pose any contraindications with any medications you may be using. I use Serrapeptase and Turmeric to deal with inflammation and occasionally White Willow Bark for acute pain. I have also used an athletic tape, referred to as "Kinesiology" tape. Arnica cream is also good to use for injuries.

Serapepetase, huh? I might try it myself. I'm taking turmeric, coconut oil, and just added MSM.

claireweber 07-05-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1380696)
Serapepetase, huh? I might try it myself. I'm taking turmeric, coconut oil, and just added MSM.

Us old folks can use all the help we can get, gotta keep knitting, after all :rofl: Doctor has me on all kinds of supplements, although this one I found on my own.

Among other things serrapeptase is useful for lung problems, majorly helps with inflammation. Appropriately perhaps for us knitters it is an enzyme silkworms use to digest their cocoons.