KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: Double Bump Dishcloth (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113694)

auburnchick 07-09-2013 07:52 PM

FO: Double Bump Dishcloth

Saw this knit by someone else on Ravelry and knew I had to make one.

It's a free pattern located here.

This was such a quick knit!! I love how the patterning shows up even with multi-colored yarn.

This will make a great addition to my dishcloth drawer!

GrumpyGramma 07-09-2013 10:29 PM

It looks like a very nice addition to your drawer. The texture looks like it will be a good scrubber for glasses and things too. Thanks for the link, I must make one also. Maybe it's too pretty for a dishcloth....

justplaincharlotte 07-09-2013 11:06 PM

Very nice colors and the texture looks awesome! Thanks for sharing the pattern - I see a new addition to my already overflowing dishcloth drawer!

auburnchick 07-10-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1380985)
It looks like a very nice addition to your drawer. The texture looks like it will be a good scrubber for glasses and things too. Thanks for the link, I must make one also. Maybe it's too pretty for a dishcloth....

Hey...at least you'll have something pretty to distract you while you're cleaning! I make all of my own dishcloths and washcloths. Knitted items should be used!

Jan in CA 07-10-2013 01:01 AM

I use knitted dishcloths, too! I've been wanting to make this one! Yours looks great!

Woofens 07-10-2013 01:20 AM

Love this! Gonna try one for myself!

auburnchick 07-10-2013 02:03 AM

Thanks you guys! This pattern looks beautiful when done in a solid color as well. I think I'll be making more of these eventually.

:muah:

GrumpyGramma 07-10-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auburnchick (Post 1380994)
Hey...at least you'll have something pretty to distract you while you're cleaning! I make all of my own dishcloths and washcloths. Knitted items should be used!

I agree! I'm not into knitting museum quality heirloom pieces. If it won't be used, it's too much bother. I picked up some Peaches and Creme Hampton Twist yarn today, it's the one with red in it, and I really like the way it's working up. I'm working on this Sun Visor Cap. The leftovers should make a nice dish/washcloth. I've started using only hand knit dishcloths too. Washcloths are going to be all hand knit too. :)

auburnchick 07-10-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1380999)
I agree! I'm not into knitting museum quality heirloom pieces. If it won't be used, it's too much bother. I picked up some Peaches and Creme Hampton Twist yarn today, it's the one with red in it, and I really like the way it's working up. I'm working on this Sun Visor Cap. The leftovers should make a nice dish/washcloth. I've started using only hand knit dishcloths too. Washcloths are going to be all hand knit too. :)

What an adorable hat pattern! Thank you for sharing!

dturner 07-10-2013 10:25 PM

I like it! I may make this pattern for a wash cloth.