KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP: Scarf-athon... (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113927)

ArtLady1981 07-25-2013 04:23 PM

WIP: Scarf-athon...

I've been knitting a lot of big projects...so I am changing things up for summer vacation knitting. My 'Mara' shawl and Lilium sweater (in 5 pieces) need blocking...but I'm not in the mood for it right now.

I've started 6 scarves...and I'm going back and forth between the lot of them! All of the yarns I'm using are either 'leftovers' from sweater projects (where I misjudged just how much yarn to purchase)...or are single hanks that I bought well over two years hence and didn't have anything in mind. My bad. I hate it when I do that.

All but the pink Palindrome will be gifted to family and friends.
  • 2 Rabbit Tracks scarves using straight up 'leftover' yarn from a sweater and vest...and 1 (pink) Palindrome cabled scarf using straight up 'leftover' yarn from a cabled cardigan.

• Wings of Desire scarf using a Madeline Tosh Merino (fingering).
  • 1 'Traveling Fern' lace scarf using Madeline Tosh fingering
  • 1 'Green Gables' (pattern) scarf using Malabrigo lace weight

Jan in CA 07-25-2013 06:08 PM

Ohhhh those are all gorgeous!!

Woofens 07-25-2013 06:35 PM

I love these, especially the last 2!! Thanks for sharing them with us!

dturner 07-25-2013 08:26 PM

Those are all lovely! I made the Irish Hiking Scarf a couple of years ago. I like it, but I wish I had discovered the Palindrome pattern sooner. If I remember correctly, the Palindrome looks similar to the Irish Hiking Scarf, but is reversible? I'll have to look up the pattern.

jinxnit55 07-25-2013 09:56 PM

Wow! All beautiful, great work!

salmonmac 07-26-2013 08:20 PM

Each one prettier than the last. You're going to make several people very happy. Beautiful work, as ever.

ArtLady1981 07-26-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dturner (Post 1382151)
Those are all lovely! I made the Irish Hiking Scarf a couple of years ago. I like it, but I wish I had discovered the Palindrome pattern sooner. If I remember correctly, the Palindrome looks similar to the Irish Hiking Scarf, but is reversible? I'll have to look up the pattern.

Yes, you're right. The Palindrome has no wrong side. Each side has three cable twist columns on each side, plus it's a super easy pattern. No futzing, no tricks. Easy to memorize. Hardest part is like any cable....counting the rows and working the cable row when you're supposed to.

DavidSydney63 07-28-2013 07:59 AM

Stunning scarves ... there's no doubt about it, a lace pattern or something other than boring ol' garter stitch is to be commended!!

claireweber 07-28-2013 03:46 PM

What fun you must be having! I especially :heart: the 'Traveling Fern'. So delicate and green, :heart: green.

DavidSydney63 07-28-2013 11:48 PM

ArtLady simply leaks talent ...