KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pattern Central (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hey! Look what I did! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113953)

MoniDew 07-28-2013 11:49 AM

Hey! Look what I did!

I just published my first pattern (free) at Ravelry! Anyone want to test-drive it for me?
It's for a farmer's market bag

Woofens 07-28-2013 12:08 PM

It's beautiful!! I downloaded the pattern, but not sure if I'm ready for knitting in the round yet. Hopefully someone will try it for you!!

salmonmac 07-28-2013 01:05 PM

Beautiful bag. Congratulations on the first of, I hope, many published patterns.

jinxnit55 07-28-2013 03:49 PM

Nice! I downloaded it and will try it soon. Thanks!

GrumpyGramma 07-28-2013 04:49 PM

Gotta have it! I d/l the pattern and will have fun making it. It will be extra nice because you :angelgrin: are one of the knitters here who really have helped me so much and inspire me to do more. :muah: Thanks! :hug:

ETA I got to be the first to leave you a comment at ravelry! :)

MoniDew 07-28-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1382352)
Gotta have it! I d/l the pattern and will have fun making it. It will be extra nice because you :angelgrin: are one of the knitters here who really have helped me so much and inspire me to do more. :muah: Thanks! :hug:

ETA I got to be the first to leave you a comment at ravelry! :)

Wow! Thank you so much!

sandylee222 07-29-2013 03:32 AM

Very pretty bag!

justplaincharlotte 07-29-2013 10:45 PM

Congratulations on your first published pattern! :yay: The bag is adorable. I look forward to test driving it!

ArtLady1981 08-02-2013 02:21 PM

Nice, Monica! :cheering:

I downloaded the pattern today. Very kind of you to make this a free pattern!

Suggestion: it would help me assess the usefulness of the bag if you showed a photo of the bag loaded with produce. I was curious how the handle design would react to the weight imposed on them when the bag is fully loaded up. I am interested in stress levels along the top edge of the garter stitch upper border where the handles take off...

This bag would be cute knitting with plastic bags "yarn", too! You know...the thing where people save up their plastic shopping bags from Safeway....cut them into strips, tie them end-to-end, and then knit them up into useful household things.

MoniDew 08-02-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 (Post 1382615)
Nice, Monica! :cheering:

Suggestion: it would help me assess the usefulness of the bag if you showed a photo of the bag loaded with produce. I was curious how the handle design would react to the weight imposed on them when the bag is fully loaded up. I am interested in stress levels along the top edge of the garter stitch upper border where the handles take off....

That's a really good idea. I will try to do that, ASAP.

By the way: I discovered an error in my bind off instructions, which I have corrected. Everyone should have the corrected version by the end of the day. (fingers crossed.)