KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP: Ribbed Openwork Tank (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113978)

nonny2t 07-30-2013 12:51 PM

WIP: Ribbed Openwork Tank

2 Attachment(s)
This is the back and have it about 75% complete. I wanted it to take on our cruise October 13, but don't know if I will get it finished. I haven't been knitting in weeks because my little yorkie has been sick. (here is a picture of him in one of the sweaters I knit him last year) On Saturday morning he had a massive seizure and with that and the fact he has been so sick, we had to put him to sleep. It is sure lonely here with him not sitting between my legs on the recliner while I knit. He was almost 14 so he had a great life. It just killed us to see him suffer through weight loss and the seizure. I thought no finer way to remember my little guy then to finish my sweater.

Vermont Fiber Designs is the pattern and the yarn is Cascade brand cotton rich dk in lemon, but looks more like a cantaloupe color.

salmonmac 07-30-2013 12:58 PM

Your sweater is going to be beautiful and in a lovely, soft color. Enjoy wearing it on the cruise.
Sorry to hear about your yorkie. He does look grand in his sweater. They just become such a part of the family, don't they? What was his name?

butlersabroad 07-30-2013 01:37 PM

So sad about your little friend nonny, never an easy decision to make but it sounds like you did the best thing for him. Keep busy and finish the sweater, it's a great tribute to him.

nonny2t 07-30-2013 01:50 PM

We named him Fortune because we said that is what he would cost us! :rofl: He was a real angel. He didn't bark unless he wanted you to let him out, he didn't bite, no matter what I did, ie having to stick pills down his throat, he was very gentle, loved kids though we don't have any in our house he loved the grandsons, especially the 13 yr old. When we took him to the vet for shots, he never even whimpered and on Saturday they had to give him a shot that she said every dog reacted to because it hurt and stung going in but he just took it quiet as a mouse. He will be missed by us big time as we brought him home from the breeders and had him almost 14 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1382454)
Your sweater is going to be beautiful and in a lovely, soft color. Enjoy wearing it on the cruise.
Sorry to hear about your yorkie. He does look grand in his sweater. They just become such a part of the family, don't they? What was his name?

GrumpyGramma 07-30-2013 11:32 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of your little guy's problems and passing, I know he's left a huge hole behind.

Your knitting will honor him admirably. It looks great so far and I look forward to seeing it complete.

justplaincharlotte 07-31-2013 01:11 AM

Your sweater will be lovely nonny, and I'm so sorry that you lost your beloved Fortune!

sandylee222 07-31-2013 04:00 AM

So sorry that you lost him, the sweater will be perfect on him!

ArtLady1981 07-31-2013 02:28 PM

Love the sweater!

I am so saddened to hear about your little Yorkie! The same thing happened to us when our 14-yr old Shih Tzu needed help to leave this world....then two years later, our 15-yr old Llasa Apso. It killed me to euthanize them, but it was more painful (for them) to stay alive. Being a good mommy means making the hard decision to let our pet rest in sleep for their sake, rather than force them to stay alive for our sake.

Oh I cannot tell you how much I feel your pain. I hope you are feeling better soon.

FYI: two days after our 15-yr old Llasa Apso was gone, by husband carted me out to see a box of 8-wk old Shih Tzu puppies, and said "Pick the one you want". I brought "Katie" home...and as it turns out, she is the best of both of our deceased dogs put together in one package. I found it impossible to be deeply sad when Katie was bouncing around needing love, attention and care.

This is Katie, my constant companion and knitting buddy! She's almost 9 now.

nonny2t 08-01-2013 09:33 AM

It is tough, no doubt about it. I got up the other day when I didn't see him on the couch and started to look for him. Things like that are what do me in. We will be ok and he is at rest now. I have always said you don't keep a pet around for your benefit when they are too ill to go on. We tried everything, but he knew it was time too. We have a great vet office and our vet tech let us love on him and gave us the opportunity to stay or not. We just couldn't stay til the end so she promised us she would stay and love on him to the very end and she did. We sat in the lobby. Thank you for being so kind and understanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 (Post 1382510)
Love the sweater!

I am so saddened to hear about your little Yorkie! The same thing happened to us when our 14-yr old Shih Tzu needed help to leave this world....then two years later, our 15-yr old Llasa Apso. It killed me to euthanize them, but it was more painful (for them) to stay alive. Being a good mommy means making the hard decision to let our pet rest in sleep for their sake, rather than force them to stay alive for our sake.

Oh I cannot tell you how much I feel your pain. I hope you are feeling better soon.

FYI: two days after our 15-yr old Llasa Apso was gone, by husband carted me out to see a box of 8-wk old Shih Tzu puppies, and said "Pick the one you want". I brought "Katie" home...and as it turns out, she is the best of both of our deceased dogs put together in one package. I found it impossible to be deeply sad when Katie was bouncing around needing love, attention and care.

This is Katie, my constant companion and knitting buddy! She's almost 9 now.

jinxnit55 08-02-2013 12:19 AM

So sorry you lost your little pal. You did the right thing for him.