KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FOs from my Sweater Sabbatical (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113985)

justplaincharlotte 07-31-2013 01:42 AM

FOs from my Sweater Sabbatical

2 Attachment(s)
I just had to take a break from the seemingly never ending stockinette of DGDs sweater. A huge shout out to Auburnchick for the sweet little Double Bump Dishcloth pattern that let me play hooky for awhile.

And I just had to play with learning to read charts for the cable and lace dishcloth from Creative Knitting's Sept 2007 issue before returning to the regular diet of stockinette to finish the last sleeve. I can see using this cable pattern as a design element in the center front of my next sweater - gotta break up all of that stockinette next time around!

Unfortunately I'm a terrible photographer and will try to do better next time.

GrumpyGramma 07-31-2013 02:07 AM

:thumbsup:
Now ain't those purty! They're definitely a nice break from stockinette.
Next break, maybe slippers?

Woofens 07-31-2013 03:12 AM

Love them, especially the blue/green one. But I'm a dishcloth nut!

sandylee222 07-31-2013 03:55 AM

Very nice patterns, well done!

justplaincharlotte 07-31-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1382489)
:thumbsup:
Now ain't those purty! They're definitely a nice break from stockinette.
Next break, maybe slippers?

Thanks GG! Maybe slippers... maybe I'll start DGSs sweater in the double bump pattern stitch. I think it's a nice manly texture for my Batman wannabe. ;) Who knows what I'll come up with for my next stockinette interruptus? :rofl:

justplaincharlotte 07-31-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofens (Post 1382490)
Love them, especially the blue/green one. But I'm a dishcloth nut!

Me too Janis! I really liked how the colors pooled in the blue yarn. In the yellow multi it striped instead of pooled. Oh well...such is life. :wink:

The bluesy yarn is Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Cotton" #64, Aqua Ombre, BTW. I hope it's still in production. I'll have to check later this week, and acquire more if it is. My daughter decided she was going to use blues in her kitchen, *and* she liked the dishcloth too.

NorthernIrelandKnitter 07-31-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte (Post 1382488)
I just had to take a break from the seemingly never ending stockinette of DGDs sweater. A huge shout out to Auburnchick for the sweet little Double Bump Dishcloth pattern that let me play hooky for awhile.

And I just had to play with learning to read charts for the cable and lace dishcloth from Creative Knitting's Sept 2007 issue before returning to the regular diet of stockinette to finish the last sleeve. I can see using this cable pattern as a design element in the center front of my next sweater - gotta break up all of that stockinette next time around!

Unfortunately I'm a terrible photographer and will try to do better next time.

These are lovely and your photography is fine. Well done. A bit of variety is always nice.

Gillian

GrumpyGramma 07-31-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte (Post 1382501)
Thanks GG! Maybe slippers... maybe I'll start DGSs sweater in the double bump pattern stitch. I think it's a nice manly texture for my Batman wannabe. ;) Who knows what I'll come up with for my next stockinette interruptus? :rofl:

Good idea. I used the double bump pattern for a headband, it works up nicely in the round, and thought it would make a nice pullover. I think it would be a good choice for your DGS.

justplaincharlotte 07-31-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1382506)
Good idea. I used the double bump pattern for a headband, it works up nicely in the round, and thought it would make a nice pullover. I think it would be a good choice for your DGS.

Yay! I get to play with math again adjusting the pattern to the stitch pattern!! :zombie:

Even more scary than the math ;), I found the lady part of my 2013 Christmas knitting! I was trolling in a 2006 Creative Knitting digital edition, and found this gorgeous and über girly kit: Bathing Beauty . Even though Yarn Barn of Kansas doesn't offer the kit anymore, they do still sell the pattern and what looks like a scrumptious fingering weight egyptian cotton separately. Needless to say, I now have in-betweens a plenty once pattern and yarn arrive.:knitting:

Woofens 07-31-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte (Post 1382517)
Yay! I get to play with math again adjusting the pattern to the stitch pattern!! :zombie:

Even more scary than the math ;), I found the lady part of my 2013 Christmas knitting! I was trolling in a 2006 Creative Knitting digital edition, and found this gorgeous and über girly kit: Bathing Beauty . Even though Yarn Barn of Kansas doesn't offer the kit anymore, they do still sell the pattern and what looks like a scrumptious fingering weight egyptian cotton separately. Needless to say, I now have in-betweens a plenty once pattern and yarn arrive.:knitting:

I'm drooling over those!! Can't wait to see them done. I'm not allowing myself to buy patterns yet.