KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   If it hadnt happened here... (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114006)

Woofens 08-03-2013 12:28 AM

If it hadnt happened here...
 
I would have never believed it. My 14 yr old sat on her size 11 needles earlier tonight, and impaled herself through the buttock into her hip. No serious damage, thank goodness. We just got home from the ER a bit ago. There was 3 1/2 inches of needle in her butt cheek. Don't sit on your needles lol. I can laugh now. I told her she was going to be the "butt" of bad jokes for years.

GrumpyGramma 08-03-2013 12:30 AM

OUCH! Poor girl. You say there's no serious damage at least. That's good. Speedy recovery to her!

Woofens 08-03-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1382671)
OUCH! Poor girl. You say there's no serious damage at least. That's good. Speedy recovery to her!

Once it was out (the worst part I think), she was much better. Everyone on duty in the ER that could find an excuse to come in to see it did, though. Then it was more wounded pride than anything. They did a CT scan just to make sure it wasn't worse than it looked.

Jan in CA 08-03-2013 12:58 AM

OMG! How on earth did that happen?! Those are pretty good size needles so I'm surprised she did t see them. Hope she'll be okay.

Woofens 08-03-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1382676)
OMG! How on earth did that happen?! Those are pretty good size needles so I'm surprised she did t see them. Hope she'll be okay.

Jan, she's bruised and sore but she's fine. She'll be sitting gingerly for a few days though! She has a bad habit of just throwing herself down on the couch without looking, and I'm sure that's what she did this evening. I'm sure she'll be putting her needles on the table instead of leaving them on the couch too!

salmonmac 08-03-2013 06:22 AM

Ah yes, the throwing yourself onto furniture trick. Glad that she's ok. I never would have believed it possible.

Ingrid 08-03-2013 08:02 AM

Yikes!

Lighting57 08-03-2013 08:52 AM

SIZE 11? To be impelled is bad enough when the item is thin, but size 11 needles? OUCH! poor child. Hug her for me. Thank goodness it was the fleshy buttocks and not part of the more serious stuff. That could have been a very serious injury for sure.

Woofens 08-03-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1382687)
Ah yes, the throwing yourself onto furniture trick. Glad that she's ok. I never would have believed it possible.

I wouldn't have either, salmonmac, if I hadn't seen it myself. She's very sore this morning, but that's to be expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingrid (Post 1382688)
Yikes!

Yikes is mild compared to what I said, Ingrid!! I've got 5 kids, and we've had our share of injuries, but this one was about the worst!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lighting57 (Post 1382689)
SIZE 11? To be impelled is bad enough when the item is thin, but size 11 needles? OUCH! poor child. Hug her for me. Thank goodness it was the fleshy buttocks and not part of the more serious stuff. That could have been a very serious injury for sure.

Lighting57, I'll be sure to hug her for you. She was extremely lucky, it could have been so much worse. They did the CT scan to make sure it hadn't punctured her abdominal cavity. She'll be more careful from now on, I hope.

catlvr 08-03-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofens (Post 1382690)
I wouldn't have either, salmonmac, if I hadn't seen it myself. She's very sore this morning, but that's to be expected.


Yikes is mild compared to what I said, Ingrid!! I've got 5 kids, and we've had our share of injuries, but this one was about the worst!


Lighting57, I'll be sure to hug her for you. She was extremely lucky, it could have been so much worse. They did the CT scan to make sure it hadn't punctured her abdominal cavity. She'll be more careful from now on, I hope.

Glad she's OK. I ALWAYS put my knitting on the dining room table because I can see myself doing the same thing! Tell her we're thinking about her.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.


copyright knittinghelp.com