KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My Must Make FO (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114090)

justplaincharlotte 08-08-2013 11:30 PM

My Must Make FO

1 Attachment(s)
Only because I saw this project in Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines, and said to myself, "Self, you could really use a pair of these." After all, what woman in her right mind knits cuffs on her playtex kitchen gloves as a birthday present to herself? Well, me, but enough said on that... :wink:

GrumpyGramma 08-08-2013 11:44 PM

Happy birthday! :present:

Those are pretty cool. If you have to wear the danged things they might as well have a bit of style. Are the cuffs knitted directly onto the gloves or can you somehow take them off the old pair and put them on a new pair? I have a habit of ruining rubber gloves almost as soon as I put them on.

:clink: To another year better!

justplaincharlotte 08-09-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1383258)
Happy birthday! :present:

Those are pretty cool. If you have to wear the danged things they might as well have a bit of style. Are the cuffs knitted directly onto the gloves or can you somehow take them off the old pair and put them on a new pair? I have a habit of ruining rubber gloves almost as soon as I put them on.

:clink: To another year better!

The cuffs are knitted into backstitches on the gloves. I imagine they could be removed as needed and grafted onto a new pair of backstitched gloves. Grafting is my plan of attack for when I eventually destroy the glove somehow. They really do keep the water from running up/down your arm when washing dishes!

GrumpyGramma 08-09-2013 01:11 AM

That's great! I like the idea but it seems like a lot of effort on something disposable but if you can reuse the cuffs then that is one fabulous birthday gift to you!

sandylee222 08-09-2013 03:01 AM

Happy birthday!!! That's really a good idea.

salmonmac 08-09-2013 05:30 AM

Pretty and practical. I can't wait to see your version.
The very best of Happy Birhthdays to you!

nonny2t 08-09-2013 08:31 AM

Very cool and seems like a practical idea even with disposing of them sooner or later. WTG!

justplaincharlotte 08-09-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1383271)
That's great! I like the idea but it seems like a lot of effort on something disposable but if you can reuse the cuffs then that is one fabulous birthday gift to you!

In the book, they recommend using the fancy gloves with bonded cloth on the inside. I just couldn't justify the expense, not knowing if I'd like how they fit with a cuff. Now that I know, I may well invest in some "good" gloves for me and DD, who liked them. :inlove:

Husband loves them and now I have to hide them from him so he doesn't take them outside and leave them there. No creepy-crawlies in my gloves, please! :noway:

GrumpyGramma 08-09-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Husband loves them and now I have to hide them from him so he doesn't take them outside and leave them there. No creepy-crawlies in my gloves, please!
Make yours hot pink? That wouldn't work for me, the guys I cope with don't care if they use pink tools or not, they'd not care if the gloves were pink. Yeah, he needs his own.

justplaincharlotte 08-10-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1383304)
Make yours hot pink? That wouldn't work for me, the guys I cope with don't care if they use pink tools or not, they'd not care if the gloves were pink. Yeah, he needs his own.

Husband is the same, GG. He's the only man I know who unabashedly wears pink. He can knit cuffs on his own gloves to leave outside! :gah: