KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ballband dish cloth (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114144)

Woofens 08-14-2013 06:57 PM

Ballband dish cloth
 
2 Attachment(s)
Finally I finished it. Not happy with the mess on the sides where the colors change but since it's my first one I'm not complaining (much).

Jan in CA 08-14-2013 07:20 PM

It's beautiful! Love the colors! It's a dishcloth so the doesn't really matter, but it's good to practice so you'll have a method you're happy with. :thumbsup:

justplaincharlotte 08-14-2013 07:32 PM

The colors are great! And I don't/ can't see the "mess" on the side that you mentioned. I'll take your word for it that it's there. ;) Your cloth looks perfectly fine to me.:hug: Be kind to yourself as you learn, and remember that we're all always learning! Good job! :thumbsup:

Woofens 08-14-2013 07:52 PM

Thanks ladies. I need to ask Artlady about how she does the edges again. She explained it once but I didn't do it so well. Lol. This cloth took me about 5 tries, so I'm just really happy it's done. Once it "clicked" (the pattern), I breezed right through it.

justplaincharlotte 08-14-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woofens (Post 1383678)
Thanks ladies. I need to ask Artlady about how she does the edges again. She explained it once but I didn't do it so well. Lol. This cloth took me about 5 tries, so I'm just really happy it's done. Once it "clicked" (the pattern), I breezed right through it.

Done is always a good thing! I feel you with the 5 tries, I just did similiar on a stitch pattern that I "shouldn't have thought twice about." ;) I just love it when I get too big for my britches. :cool: But I started it not once, nor twice, but thrice.

ArtLady is who I want to grow up to be as a knitter!:aww:

Woofens 08-14-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte (Post 1383687)
Done is always a good thing! I feel you with the 5 tries, I just did similiar on a stitch pattern that I "shouldn't have thought twice about." ;) I just love it when I get too big for my britches. :cool: But I started it not once, nor twice, but thrice.

ArtLady is who I want to grow up to be as a knitter!:aww:

Oh, me too!!!

claireweber 08-14-2013 10:31 PM

That's really nice, Janis. You are so adventurous! I only tried knitting with two colors once and gave up. What did you find to be the most challenging?

GrumpyGramma 08-14-2013 10:32 PM

Very nicely done! Your edges look fine to me, too. These things take practice. Please accept a virtual pat on the back for a job well done. :thumbsup:

auburnchick 08-15-2013 12:13 AM

Very pretty! I made a couple of these when I first began knitting, and the last one only recently tore up. Talk about a durable pattern!!!

Woofens 08-15-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claireweber (Post 1383693)
That's really nice, Janis. You are so adventurous! I only tried knitting with two colors once and gave up. What did you find to be the most challenging?

Thanks, Claire! The most challenging thing was keeping the yarn from tangling. And joining the yarn, but I haven't done very much of that!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 PM.


copyright knittinghelp.com