Forum Forum (
-   General Knitting (
-   -   Translate (

Crycket 08-22-2013 09:38 PM

Just working on a German pattern...and I am getting by on my baby german and googling terms and translate....but this one word has me stumped


Anyone know?

GrumpyGramma 08-22-2013 09:42 PM

Per Translator it means poor-hole-increased. Does that help?

Crycket 08-22-2013 09:50 PM

ah...a different translate tool....that does help....I went to Google translate and didn't think to try a different one...

i think it just means increase

GrumpyGramma 08-22-2013 09:53 PM

That's the only one I've used, I came across it by accident sort of when I was using the dictionary feature there. I'll have to check out the Google translator.

The "hole" part makes me think you might want a yo. Would that fit with the pattern?

GrumpyGramma 08-22-2013 09:56 PM

:zombie: How do you make any sense of that? I can almost understand parts of it.

Crycket 08-22-2013 10:03 PM

I don't think so...this is the ravelry page...and I don't see anywhere on that back that would use a yarn over increase

Crycket 08-22-2013 10:07 PM

ok...the term series means row...

Crycket 08-22-2013 10:09 PM

M = stitches

GrumpyGramma 08-22-2013 10:14 PM

That's lovely! I sure do hope you can come up with a workable translation. I want to see the one you make! It doesn't look like it needs eyelets, does it?

salmonmac 08-23-2013 05:35 AM

armlochzunehmen is arm hole increase. (armloch, zunehmen)

This site may help.

What an absolutely gorgeous coat! I do hope that we get to see a photo of the finished work of art.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 AM.