KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Corded Rib Belt (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114519)

nonny2t 09-13-2013 12:34 PM

Corded Rib Belt

2 Attachment(s)
I bought this very colorful dress in bright green, neon orange and black for last year's cruise and wanted to wear it again this year. I have lost 60 lbs since then so it is sort of roomy even for a very large lady like myself. I decided a belt would be the ticket but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. I decided just to make my own so I went through this great sock book I have that has 4,5 or 6 stitch patterns. I picked out the 4 stitch corded rib and away I went. I am getting "d" rings tomorrow and will finish it up as soon as it dries blocking. The yarn is a cotton yarn in my stash that I had from making my hubby a hat in Boise State colors. I plan on picking another stitch pattern and making one in black before we leave on the cruise in less than a month.

Jan in CA 09-13-2013 03:25 PM

That looks pretty and what a great idea! :thumbsup:

GrumpyGramma 09-13-2013 05:42 PM

Very pretty. Your creative solution is the best! I :heart: your ingenuity.

justplaincharlotte 09-13-2013 08:30 PM

That's a pretty stitch pattern nonny, congratulations on the beautiful new belt and your new svelt figure! :muah:

nonny2t 09-14-2013 06:42 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: well not svelt, but feeling a bit better. Part of it is a medication I am on designed to increase the appetite for cancer patients. That is not what I use it for, but I have to be diligent or the weight will come back on. I want to continue going down not up!!! Thanks for the nice comment though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte (Post 1385843)
That's a pretty stitch pattern nonny, congratulations on the beautiful new belt and your new svelt figure! :muah:

KnitBeg 09-15-2013 06:15 AM

That's a beautiful bright orange colour - I can imagine it will look amazing on a green dress. The pattern of the belt looks very nice - I tried to name the stitches but it is really (to me) an unique combination :cool:. Some cable and some lace stitches, I guess?

What I'm wondering: it is quite long, how are you going to wear it? Will you add a belt fastener of some sort? Or will you just tie it around your waist, maybe with a bow ;) I wonder, because I'm pondering about making a knitted belt myself and am not sure how to tackle that part... For fasteners are often made of metal and that makes it so heavy - distorts the belt a bit too as the knitting isn't that strong. Any ideas?

salmonmac 09-15-2013 06:38 AM

Nonny, I love it! The color will go well with your dress and the belt is a good soluton for adding some shape and interest. Congrats on the weight loss. That's such a good direction to be going in. Good for you.

justplaincharlotte 09-15-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonny2t (Post 1385872)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: well not svelt, but feeling a bit better. Part of it is a medication I am on designed to increase the appetite for cancer patients. That is not what I use it for, but I have to be diligent or the weight will come back on. I want to continue going down not up!!! Thanks for the nice comment though.

I'm celebrating that you're feeling better! :balloons:

jinxnit55 09-16-2013 12:08 PM

Nice solution! Congrats on your weight loss!

ArtLady1981 09-17-2013 05:59 PM

Great idea! And congrats on your new bod! That will feel so good when you're on your trip!