KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP - Cowl for Kimmers (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114575)

claireweber 09-18-2013 07:12 PM

WIP - Cowl for Kimmers

1 Attachment(s)
This is going to be a cowl that can also be worn over the head. I still don't know what to call it - it is a cowl and hood combined.

It is knit in a Estonian Lace stitch that I am converting from a flat to a circular stitch, talk about a challenge. The stitch is Nupp Lace 1. BTW if anyone is interested in using this stitch pattern, it should read a multiple of 20 plus 21; I've written the person on this site more than once about this but they never made the correction.

My friend had picked out the yarn for Sideways Socks; realized I needed a 100 yard skein to be able to make socks that matched, 3 skeins from the same dye lot did not have the same color runs :??

It is a sock yarn with elastic so I hope this works out okay for the lace when I block it.

GrumpyGramma 09-18-2013 09:09 PM

Lovely! I must try nupps. I recently learned nupp rhymes with soup. :mrgreen:

jinxnit55 09-18-2013 09:51 PM

This is the lace cowl you asked about blocking! Pretty!

salmonmac 09-19-2013 04:21 AM

Oh Claire, this is divine! Lovely stitch pattern and work. I can't wait to see the finished cowl.

claireweber 09-19-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1386107)
Lovely! I must try nupps. I recently learned nupp rhymes with soup. :mrgreen:

:lol: When I first learned that I taught my husband how to pronounce it. Nupps are different from bobbles, they are elongated, done in this yarn they remind me of plump little raisins.

Woofens 09-19-2013 04:30 PM

Very pretty Claire!!

nonny2t 09-20-2013 07:59 AM

It looks great!

justplaincharlotte 09-20-2013 12:36 PM

Very, very pretty Claire!

ArtLady1981 09-21-2013 07:40 PM

Very lovely looking so far, Claire! Nice color combo!

Nupps...rhymes with soups...are pretty easy.

I have a shawl pattern in my queue that calls for lots of nupps. They're sweet!

The Echo Flower Shawl! Here is a closeup of the nupps.

And here.

claireweber 09-22-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 (Post 1386219)
Very lovely looking so far, Claire! Nice color combo!

Nupps...rhymes with soups...are pretty easy.

I have a shawl pattern in my queue that calls for lots of nupps. They're sweet!

The Echo Flower Shawl! Here is a closeup of the nupps.

And here.

That's funny, I downloaded that pattern just three days ago :) Besides the nupps Echo Flower Shawl has a pretty flower stitch.

I don't know that my nupps will show up very much in this cowl, but I'm okay with that, I really like making them. Using lace needles makes it easier, and maintaining a very loose tension.

Do you have an Echo Flower Shawl planned for the near term?