KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   jackson's socks number 2 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114756)

nonny2t 10-01-2013 07:29 AM

jackson's socks number 2

2 Attachment(s)
I am only posting these again because someone wanted to see them as a pair. They are now blocked and should be dry so one Christmas present (the less exciting one for 6 yr old grandson) is done. He is so funny. I talked to him on my bday Saturday and told him to start making a list for Christmas and have his mom send it to me. He said, "I want a video game and a phone, a REAL one." I asked him if he'd talked to his parents about it and he said they said yes, which I know is bologna! They must have tried to pacify him somewhere down the road with a fake phone. lol His father said, "h*** no!" and his mom said he is a ham and he wants a handheld to play video games on. This is Jackson on his first day of first grade. Children and grandchildren can be hilarious that's for sure.

salmonmac 10-01-2013 04:43 PM

Wonderful lookiing socks (both of them) and a very good-looking grandson. I'll bet first grade is a great source of stories! Good for you for makng such an excellant start on Christmas presents.

claireweber 10-01-2013 08:22 PM

Jackson must be a real character ;) They can be so humorous! The socks are great, thanks for posting the pair.

Olha 10-01-2013 11:15 PM

Lovely boy, and funny too! :) Also, you block socks?

nonny2t 10-02-2013 07:17 AM

Yes, I block my socks, but usually only those given as gifts. They lay so nice and flat that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olha (Post 1386980)
Lovely boy, and funny too! :) Also, you block socks?

nonny2t 10-02-2013 07:22 AM

Jackson is his dad through and through and my son, who will be 40 in about 3 weeks was no end of a source of trouble. He teased his little sister unmercilously, and always seemed to find something to joke about. He told us once he didn't need shots, (I had to lay on top of him when he was 10 and sliced his hand open from a jack knife he and his best friend were playing with as he was afraid of needles) that when he grew up he wouldn't have anyone bossing him around (he found out that was a lie pretty quick) and when he grew up my little hippie boy followed the Grateful Dead around for awhile. God Bless him, he is now a senior account executive for an advertising firm (but he still has that pesky boss! lololol)

GrumpyGramma 10-02-2013 08:15 PM

Excellent socks. If someone has an old phone that's no longer used as a phone, you little man might enjoy it. My son gave me an old EVO that I've been playing games on. It doesn't work as a phone (not activated) but the games and internet work fine. The problem for me now is that I have a new one that will be activated, probably Friday. Your GS wouldn't need the 2nd one I'm guessing.

My feet block my socks. I might block them for a gift. Usually whoever they're for is around to try them on when they're done and will wear them home. :rofl:

justplaincharlotte 10-03-2013 12:50 AM

Thanks for sharing that story nonny, and the photo of his lovely finished socks. He sounds like a pistol! First grade is such a wonderful time with kids... :muah:

ArtLady1981 10-11-2013 05:12 PM

Congratulations on a wonderful pair of socks for that handsome little man! :thumbsup:

jinxnit55 10-12-2013 12:10 AM

Nice story, socks, and grandson!