KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   It's Been A While! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115011)

butlersabroad 10-22-2013 08:58 AM

It's Been A While!

I usually pop on here in my lunch breaks but I'm now doing Secret Santa knitting at work instead, just to get a scarf made for my husband for Christmas! I'm making a Klein Scarf using Stonehedge Shepherds Wool Worsted in Garnet. Just finished the first skein (34" long), need to wind the second skein and bring it in to work!

I've also just finished two pairs of socks (posted in Watcha Knittin), and I'm working on the heel of the first of another pair, also posted in Watcha Knittin! And I'm still plodding away on a cabled bag here and there!

Knitting at work has really killed my internet time, but I wanted to pop in and say hello! Hope to get back to more involvement here again soon :hug:

GrumpyGramma 10-22-2013 11:50 AM

Hello, to you, too! That's going to be a lovely scarf.

Knitting trumps online time. Yup, it sure does. Good to *see* you just the same.

justplaincharlotte 10-23-2013 06:36 PM

Good to see you here again!

claireweber 11-03-2013 03:39 AM

Hello Brenda! Secret Santa Knitting :lol: I love it! So you settled on a needle size for the scarf, how wide are you making it?

Yeah, GG's right about that one, knitting beats online time, hands down. Good to :waving: you.

salmonmac 11-03-2013 08:35 AM

Alwsys nice when you do drop in. It sounds like you're very busy and productive. Thanks very much for the scarf link. It's a beauty.

butlersabroad 11-06-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claireweber (Post 1389190)
Hello Brenda! Secret Santa Knitting :lol: I love it! So you settled on a needle size for the scarf, how wide are you making it?

I cast on 36 stitches instead of the 32 called for. It's about 6" wide, but if I block it it'll be about 8" I think. Thing is, it's incredibly soft and squishy as it is so I'm really not sure if I want to block it! It's about 40" long at the moment, how long would you make it do you think? Hubby is 5'9", I want to make it long enough to be useful but not swamp him!

butlersabroad 11-06-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1389206)
Alwsys nice when you do drop in. It sounds like you're very busy and productive. Thanks very much for the scarf link. It's a beauty.

Thanks Salmonac! :waving: The pattern is turning out really well. For just a few knit and purl stitches it's incredibly nice. Quite amazing, the magic that happens with knitting isn't it?

claireweber 11-06-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butlersabroad (Post 1389443)
I cast on 36 stitches instead of the 32 called for. It's about 6" wide, but if I block it it'll be about 8" I think. Thing is, it's incredibly soft and squishy as it is so I'm really not sure if I want to block it! It's about 40" long at the moment, how long would you make it do you think? Hubby is 5'9", I want to make it long enough to be useful but not swamp him!

Maybe 60"? He could wrap it around his neck once and still have some length to it. From what I've read, that yarn is washed, before it is dyed though. Do you have a swatch you can wash and see how it turns out?

sofiazoe 01-24-2014 07:21 AM

I've also just finished two pairs of socks (posted in Watcha Knittin), and I'm working on the heel of the first of another pair, also posted in Watcha Knittin! And I'm still plodd.................................:aww: