KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   How-to Questions (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   a lil help? what to do? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115131)

ad2knit 11-01-2013 05:53 AM

a lil help? what to do?

Hey guys! Sorry for the absence of late. I have so many WIPs its unbelieveable l.

Good news I found circular needles that work for me. hello Knit Pro/Knitters Pride Cubics Rose :-)

So anyway taught myself how to knit in the round last night - yay me lol - and Ive been knitting lots since. now heres the problem. i have a hole in my work. I havent dropped any stitches i think a stitch may have been twisted - the joys of beginner errors.

Now, aside from frogging my hard work, can amyone tell me how to fix this?

salmonmac 11-01-2013 06:05 AM

Congrats on the circular knitting! That's a great technique to have.
Take a look and see if the hole is caused by an accidental yarn over. It'll look like a new column of sts starts above the hole. In that case, you can work over on the current row to the column of sts, drop the current stitch off the needle and let it run down to the yarn over and then continue knitting. Pulling on either side of the extra yarn will help that yarn work itself into the knit fabric. Amy shows how to correct a mistake or a twisted stitch here although a twisted stitch doesn't usually give you a hole.

ad2knit 11-01-2013 06:33 AM

Really? Well something did lol! I shall take a pic when I come home and show you all. in the meantime Ill check out Amy's tutorial

justplaincharlotte 11-01-2013 01:36 PM

I'm so glad you found some circs that work for you! :yay:

Jan in CA 11-01-2013 02:14 PM

Yay on the Cubics!

A hole is often caused by an accidental YO. Even if it's not a YO I think I would just close it up with an piece of yarn and weave in the ends. You can try dropping the column of stitches, but it it may still be loose because of the extra yarn.

ad2knit 11-01-2013 04:32 PM

Well I agree it must have been a YO. But I did what Amy's tut showed and I couldnt do it. instead I made quite a mess of it. so in the end I frogged it all up to a point where I couldnt see a hole. Never mind. And I have the correct amount of stitches on my needle again - hooray.

GrumpyGramma 11-01-2013 04:52 PM

I'm so glad you and Cubics got together! The yarn I just frogged again to remake a hat again goes from fat to skinny to skinnier to really fat and it's just the thing for a day when I don't want to be bothered with even stitches. Been there, done that with yo gaps more times than I care to think about. Maybe I'll try starting at the top this time, I've not done that before. I need something new to mess up today. :teehee:

ad2knit 11-01-2013 08:11 PM

Oh no Ive done it again. gained that extra stitch :/ how I did that I dont know. but at least I cant see a hole....I don't think

GrumpyGramma 11-01-2013 08:42 PM

What are you making? I sometimes consider it acceptable to work a k2tog to get the stitch count back to where it should be. It depends on what I'm making and how much it will actually show. Could you see it from the back of a galloping horse? How important is perfection to you?

ad2knit 11-01-2013 11:36 PM

Its only a cowl making the Rime Frost Cowl. thought a Cowl would make a good first knit in round project. Im supposed to have 52 but I have 53, and then have decrease 2 st evenly somewhere down the line. Suppose I'm gonna have to K3tog?