KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pattern Central (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Top Down Hat (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115136)

cheley 11-01-2013 04:31 PM

Top Down Hat
 
Does any one know of a pattern (or link) for a kids hat, Knitting it "top down"? thanks

GrumpyGramma 11-01-2013 05:00 PM

I was just about to search for top-down hats. Here's my preliminary search for such hats at ravelry. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sear...ularity&pc=hat You can narrow it down more. I'm thinking of this one http://throughtheloops.typepad.com/t...et-recipe.html but I don't know how much experience you have with hats and it's not recommended for a first hat knit.

Jan in CA 11-01-2013 05:00 PM

There are 28 pages on Ravelry.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sear...rt=best&pc=hat

cheley 11-01-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1389019)
I was just about to search for top-down hats. Here's my preliminary search for such hats at ravelry. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sear...ularity&pc=hat You can narrow it down more. I'm thinking of this one http://throughtheloops.typepad.com/t...et-recipe.html but I don't know how much experience you have with hats and it's not recommended for a first hat knit.

Thank you, I've been around here for a long time...just haven't posted in awhile

cheley 11-01-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1389020)

Thank you too Jan, I did a search on Rav myself, and found this page....I am specifically looking for top down knitting

cheley 11-01-2013 06:47 PM

[quote=cheley;1389029]Thank you too Jan, I did a search on Rav myself, and found this page, didn't see the top downs..found em thanx

GrumpyGramma 11-01-2013 06:50 PM

You can specify top down in Construction under Attributes. It took me quite a while to figure that one out. LOL

GrumpyGramma 11-01-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheley (Post 1389028)
Thank you, I've been around here for a long time...just haven't posted in awhile

If I'd noticed how many posts you have I'd have realized you've been knitting for a while. I'll blame it on this cold that's making my face hurt...yeah, that works. :eyes:

Jan in CA 11-01-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheley (Post 1389029)
Thank you too Jan, I did a search on Rav myself, and found this page....I am specifically looking for top down knitting

I filtered for top down on that link. There may be a few misfiled, but most should be top down I think.

ad2knit 11-01-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1389032)
If I'd noticed how many posts you have I'd have realized you've been knitting for a while. I'll blame it on this cold that's making my face hurt...yeah, that works. :eyes:

grams you're funny


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 PM.


copyright knittinghelp.com