KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: Artlady's Presto Chango (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115137)

ArtLady1981 11-01-2013 05:16 PM

FO: Artlady's Presto Chango

I want to thank jinxnit55 for her inspiration! She knit this darling Presto Chango design and posted it, and I loved it so much I knit one, too! I was searching for another baby sweater that was unusual, the this one is the absolute best because of the center panels! You can knit a different design for the center panel, or you can knit additional designs for the center panel. The sweater itself is rather plain. The center panels really dress it up! Thanks jinxknit55!

So here is my version. I knit 3 center panels. The one that comes with the design, a leaf pattern. And 2 additional center panels just because I had the yarn, and knitting a extra panel takes just an hour or so.

Here is the sweater with it's additional panels. I used Rowan 'Calmer' cotton blend. This pattern stitch is called Nosegays. I found it in The Knitting Stitch Bible (available on Amazon).

Eyelet Hearts pattern, found in the Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Book 1 (available on Amazon).

The leafy design included in pattern:

These buttons don't slip out of the buttonholes because of the irregular edge of the daisy.

My Ravelry Notes The entire ensemble (in smallest size) used only 350 yds. I used a smaller needle than 'gauge' because I wanted it to be newborn size, not 6 mo. Interestingly, my row gauge stayed true.

Jan in CA 11-01-2013 05:54 PM

That is so pretty!!

Woofens 11-01-2013 07:34 PM

It's beautiful and I love the color!

justplaincharlotte 11-01-2013 11:45 PM

I've run out of words ArtLady! I just love that sweater. :heart:

salmonmac 11-02-2013 04:31 AM

This is such an adorable pattern and your version is wonderful. The front panels are fun and practical and I love the patterns you've chosen. Very pretty indeed!

ArtLady1981 11-02-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1389072)
This is such an adorable pattern and your version is wonderful. The front panels are fun and practical and I love the patterns you've chosen. Very pretty indeed!

This is going to be my ALL-TIME FAVORITE baby sweater from now on, and mainly because of it's unisex versatility! For a boy, a knitter could use intarsia technique to knit a white sailboat into a dark bright blue center panel, or balloons into a yellow panel, etc! I really had FUN knitting this brilliant little design!

JudyD 11-02-2013 04:46 AM

:heart: :heart: :heart: !!!

Baby's mom is going to be speechless!

Judy

claireweber 11-02-2013 12:02 PM

I am in awe! The knitting is impeccable, as always. I love the Nosegay, it's fun to include a different stitch pattern.

A stitch pattern that bears resemblance to this one is the Crazy Maypole. I would think they could be used in the same project :think: Stitch patterns are just so much fun.

KnitBeg 11-02-2013 02:31 PM

That is just amazing! Such a wonderful idea/design. And all knitted so neatly...

Thank you for sharing.

ArtLady1981 11-02-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claireweber (Post 1389100)
A stitch pattern that bears resemblance to this one is the Crazy Maypole. I would think they could be used in the same project :think: Stitch patterns are just so much fun.

Thanks for the link to the Crazy Maple, Claire!
I found another similar pattern stitch on that great website, too! The Briar Rose.

That Knittingfool website has an excellent pattern stitch library, and it's very easy to navigate....alphabetically, or by pattern stitch width.

So I bookmarked her website for sure. Plus, I saved Crazy Maple and Briar Rose pdf's to my Android device, then uploaded them into my Google Drive! Sweet!

Thanks again for your input! :hug: