KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Crochet! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Has anyone made this stitch? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115334)

crocee 11-14-2013 04:34 AM

Has anyone made this stitch?
 
http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW3678.pdf

2/2 Back Cross
(2 over 2 Back Cross) = Skip
next 2 stitches, Fptr around each of next 2
stitches, working behind the 2 stitches just
made,
Fptr around each of the 2 skipped
stitches.
2/2 Front Cross
(2 over 2 Front Cross) = Skip
next 2 stitches, Fptr around each of next 2
stitches, working in front of 2 stitches just
made,
Fptr around each of the 2 skipped stitches

If you have done this can you explain how to do it? I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. A video will help greatly but I can also follow instructions. TIA

crocee 11-14-2013 11:43 AM

OK after a ton of searching I finally figured out how to do this crazy stitch. I've also figured out that it has to me the most confusing stitch I've ever made.

GrumpyGramma 11-14-2013 12:00 PM

Is it the fptr or the order in which the stitches are worked that is the primary problem?
Front Post Treble Crochet Technique

Double Crochet cross stitch shows working the stitches to cross them. This video doesn't use fptr but you can get the idea of how a stitch or stitches are skipped and then worked out of normal order.

Cross Cable 2 Crochet Pattern This video isn't exactly the same but you can see how he works the stitches out of order. Check the other videos on the page too. If this doesn't help, let us know and someone should be able to come up with something helpful.

That's a beautiful pattern, worth the effort of learning the technique.

GrumpyGramma 11-14-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crocee (Post 1390082)
OK after a ton of searching I finally figured out how to do this crazy stitch. I've also figured out that it has to me the most confusing stitch I've ever made.

LOL I was looking for videos and you posted that you'd figured it out. Confusing, yes. I think once you get the hang of it, it won't be too bad to work. It can be hard on the hands doing all the fptr and working out of order so give yourself frequent breaks.

crocee 11-14-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crocee (Post 1390066)
http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW3678.pdf

2/2 Back Cross
(2 over 2 Back Cross) = Skip
next 2 stitches, Fptr around each of next 2
stitches, working behind the 2 stitches just
made,
Fptr around each of the 2 skipped
stitches.
2/2 Front Cross
(2 over 2 Front Cross) = Skip
next 2 stitches, Fptr around each of next 2
stitches, working in front of 2 stitches just
made,
Fptr around each of the 2 skipped stitches

If you have done this can you explain how to do it? I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. A video will help greatly but I can also follow instructions. TIA

It was the bolded part I was having trouble with. For some reason I just couldn't wrap my mind around the instructions. I did find a post and video on Ralverly that helped a lot in figuring it out. They were doing a single so all I had to do was double it up and it came out right.

crocee 11-14-2013 07:31 PM

I need to make sure of something. The following equals out to a total of 8 stitches, right? 4 bptr and 4 fptr I'm hoping I'm reading this correctly since its 2 stitches 4 times.

[Bptr around next st, FPtr around
next st] 4 times,

GrumpyGramma 11-14-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crocee (Post 1390107)
I need to make sure of something. The following equals out to a total of 8 stitches, right? 4 bptr and 4 fptr I'm hoping I'm reading this correctly since its 2 stitches 4 times.

[Bptr around next st, FPtr around
next st] 4 times,

I believe you have it correct. Which line of the pattern is this from?

crocee 11-14-2013 08:27 PM

Its from row 5 this time around. I've had to frog it a few times cause things were looking really wonky. I think I'm finally on my way though. My main problems was I was counting posts instead of stitches as the directions said. I got that part figured out. The next part that looked wrong was the next row where I added the 2 rows of cross stitches together. We will see if I have that part figured out or if I need to holler again.

GrumpyGramma 11-15-2013 12:30 AM

This is a more complicated pattern than any where I've used crossed stitches or fp or bp stitches. There may be other people who will see this who are more current on their crochet skills; since I started knitting a little over 2 yrs. ago I've hardly crocheted at all. All those post stitches...just thinking about them makes my hands hurt. I think you'll be glad you stuck with it and figured it out. Too often I figured out crochet patterns by frogging and redoing because at the end of the row I had too many or too few stitches. Enjoy! and I'd love to see a picture when you're done, if you want to post pictures of your WIP that would be great too. If you run into trouble a picture of the troublesome part sometimes helps.

crocee 11-15-2013 12:41 AM

The post stitches aren't giving me any trouble since I figured them out, unless I'm doing them wrong that is. I have more trouble trying to remember to do the extra wrap for the trebles.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.


copyright knittinghelp.com