KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Holiday Cowl (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115690)

laurcunningham 12-09-2013 02:51 PM

Holiday Cowl

:woot: LOOK AT WHAT I DID!! :woot:

I made my very first pattern, all by my lonesome, straight from my own noggin, and it only took me about 2 hours! Super easy peasy, and I even put it on Ravelry, even though I don't really know how to do the fancy downloadable option yet.

** Nevermind, I figured out how to contribute a pattern. Yay! I have a pattern (very easy pattern, mind you) on Ravelry now!! **

This sucker is so warm and I am very proud of it! WOO!

justplaincharlotte 12-09-2013 02:54 PM

Very, very pretty! :inlove:

Are those stockinette short rows at the throat?? Inquiring minds want to know... :lol:

laurcunningham 12-09-2013 03:09 PM

Sort of. It's 1 knitted row, then 5 purled rows, then 5 knitted rows, then 5 purled rows, then 5 knitted rows, then 5 purled rows, then 1 knitted row, and then bound off. :)

So it isn't 1 purled row, 1 knitted row, 1 purled row, but it does follow that theory, just stretched out a bit. I felt it helped make the cowl fold in on itself so it was extra warm. :woohoo:

claireweber 12-09-2013 06:12 PM

Very nice! And again as in your scarf, great color choice.

laurcunningham 12-09-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claireweber (Post 1392137)
Very nice! And again as in your scarf, great color choice.

:heart: :hug:

justplaincharlotte 12-09-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurcunningham (Post 1392130)
Sort of. It's 1 knitted row, then 5 purled rows, then 5 knitted rows, then 5 purled rows, then 5 knitted rows, then 5 purled rows, then 1 knitted row, and then bound off. :)

So it isn't 1 purled row, 1 knitted row, 1 purled row, but it does follow that theory, just stretched out a bit. I felt it helped make the cowl fold in on itself so it was extra warm. :woohoo:

Cool execution, And the colors are sooo cheerful! Perfect for winter... :yay:

GrumpyGramma 12-09-2013 08:48 PM

Lovely, lovely, lovely. :thumbsup: It looks so snuggy and cuddly. I :heart: it!!!!

You can figure out the downloadable pattern another day, the way you posted the pattern is just perfect for this. I looked at it, knew what I need to make it, and right there, no hassle, no muss, no fuss is the pattern. Thank you!

laurcunningham 12-09-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte (Post 1392152)
Cool execution, And the colors are sooo cheerful! Perfect for winter... :yay:

I was a little concerned that how bright it was that it wouldn't be quite right for winter, but I agree, it definitely works. :D Thanks for the compliment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1392156)
Lovely, lovely, lovely. :thumbsup: It looks so snuggy and cuddly. I :heart: it!!!!

You can figure out the downloadable pattern another day, the way you posted the pattern is just perfect for this. I looked at it, knew what I need to make it, and right there, no hassle, no muss, no fuss is the pattern. Thank you!

Thanks! I was hoping that it would be easy to follow. :) I figured out how to contribute a pattern to Ravelry, so it's on there, just not in downloadable .pdf form because I was too excited to take the time to make one. hehe

salmonmac 12-10-2013 06:22 AM

Oh, definitely need something bright and cheery for the winter months. Your cowl looks beautiful: great colors and pattern. Good for you!

butlersabroad 12-10-2013 08:41 AM

Beautiful colours and congrats on your first pattern. I agree, bright colours for winter, cheers up the dreariness no end!