KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP - John's Scarf (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115701)

laurcunningham 12-10-2013 03:48 PM

WIP - John's Scarf

"I need something I can wrap around my face while I'm working," is what I was told. So I have a new task. :D It'll be pretty when it's done!

justplaincharlotte 12-10-2013 04:04 PM

What a nice stitch pattern for your labor of love!

claireweber 12-10-2013 06:03 PM

Very nice, that'll keep a neck warm. Looking forward to a picture of the FO.

butlersabroad 12-10-2013 07:17 PM

That's nice, I like the stitch pattern, it will make a tight weave that'll keep him warm.:cheering:

laurcunningham 12-10-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte (Post 1392210)
What a nice stitch pattern for your labor of love!

Thanks. I really like how it is being as wavy as it is. :heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by claireweber (Post 1392214)
Very nice, that'll keep a neck warm. Looking forward to a picture of the FO.

I asked him if he wanted the wavy pattern throughout the whole scarf or if he wanted it as a pretty ending piece and the a "normal stitch" throughout the rest. He looked at me and blinked and was like, "Yes, sure, that's good." lol He doesn't care as long as it can cover his head the whole way.

I'll make sure to add the finished project when it's done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by butlersabroad (Post 1392219)
That's nice, I like the stitch pattern, it will make a tight weave that'll keep him warm.:cheering:

Thanks! I got to go yarn shopping today and that made me really happy. Yay for sales at Michael's. 12 skeins of yarn for about $25. :D

jinxnit55 12-10-2013 10:20 PM

What stitch is that? I like it!

salmonmac 12-11-2013 05:46 AM

It's going to be lovely, and bargain yarn, too. Who could pass it up?

laurcunningham 12-11-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinxnit55 (Post 1392231)
What stitch is that? I like it!

K2, P2, K2, P2, over and over and over and over and over again. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1392259)
It's going to be lovely, and bargain yarn, too. Who could pass it up?

Everything can be made awesome, even if it's quite a bit cheaper than normal. :woohoo: Shopping is fun!

GrumpyGramma 12-11-2013 11:55 AM

When something that great is a bargain too, total plus! Do you knit the knits and purl the purls or purl the knits and knit the purls? It doesn't look like ordinary 2x2 rib to me.

laurcunningham 12-11-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1392266)
When something that great is a bargain too, total plus! Do you knit the knits and purl the purls or purl the knits and knit the purls? It doesn't look like ordinary 2x2 rib to me.

I'm a left-handed knitter, so everything I do looks different than what people are used to. :) I just K2, P2, K2, P2, etc as I normally do, so... I'm not sure. I feel like I should take pictures of the way I do stuff, or make videos of it, so that other left-handed knitters don't feel so alone. hehe