KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Just another pair of socks (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115747)

MoniDew 12-15-2013 01:00 PM

Just another pair of socks

it is oddly difficult to take a picture of your own feet! That said, I like my socks!

I used the heel from Widdershins at Knitty.com, but sub'd a short row toe. These are two at a time toe-ups. I used a tiny check pattern 3/4 k/p (3 stitches by 4 rows, alternating k&p) for the main pattern stitch. I also installed a bit of 1/1 ribbing on the instep to help hug the sock to the arch of the foot, preventing droopage. (is droopage a word?) :D

The yarn is Berroco Comfort Sock, colorway Southland. I used size 3 needles (addi's).

Have I forgotten anything?!

JudyD 12-15-2013 01:23 PM

Not just another pair of socks...they are beautiful socks!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Judy

laurcunningham 12-15-2013 03:11 PM

Love it! I have so many projects I want to start (I see that you're following some of my Pinterest boards now, so you can see that I have a lot that I want to do... lol) and finishing a pair of socks is one of them! :muah:

GrumpyGramma 12-15-2013 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nicely done! Your socks are beautiful. They look to be a perfect fit. The colors are just perfect. I much prefer this style of heel over short row heels, they're more comfortable and hold up better under the stress of wear. This is a little different from how I've been doing them, I think I might have to give these a go. Of course droopage is a word, silly. :teehee: We call socks with ribbing round the arch girdle socks. I've made them that way but have found that if the foot fits right I don't get droopage.

I'm curious and maybe you know. Other than the heel stitch that produces that lovely cushy fabric at the back, isn't this quite similar to a Fleegle heel? I keep intending to really compare them but never get a

GrumpyGramma 12-15-2013 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You didn't forget this, I'm just hoping it's possible. Could you please post a picture of the back of the heel? I'd love to see it. I'll post a photo of the heels on a pair I recently finished for comparison. They were still a WIP at the time. I like this heel though it seems I'm on a never ending quest for the perfect heel turn. :mrgreen:

justplaincharlotte 12-15-2013 10:32 PM

Very prettily done socks! :heart:

claireweber 12-16-2013 02:53 AM

Moni those are great socks! :heart: :heart: :heart: them.

@GG - everyone deserves a good turn ;)

salmonmac 12-16-2013 06:29 AM

Such lovely socks! Never just another pair. The color changes work so beautifully with the pattern. Very well done.
I'm onboard with droopage. What a handy word.

nonny2t 12-16-2013 10:48 AM

They look great! I am a sock knitter lover and this is a fabo looking pair.

MoniDew 12-16-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma (Post 1392561)
You didn't forget this, I'm just hoping it's possible. Could you please post a picture of the back of the heel? I'd love to see it. I'll post a photo of the heels on a pair I recently finished for comparison. They were still a WIP at the time. I like this heel though it seems I'm on a never ending quest for the perfect heel turn. :mrgreen:

actually, that looks quite close to how my heels turned. I will attempt to take some heel photos for you asap...

where's that round tuit?!