KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Feeling rather sad today :( (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115863)

Jan in CA 12-24-2013 08:12 PM

Feeling rather sad today :(

My stepdaughter and stepmom will be here tomorrow with my husband and I, but out two daughters who live on the east coast won't be here. It's the first year without both. It's also the first year my youngest won't be here ever. And to add insult to injury youngest daughter's gifts we sent were apparently stolen off her porch. :(

I keep hoping they will show up, that maybe they were taken in by a neighbor, but so far everyone they asked hasn't seen them. Daughter's cousin and neighbor came by at least twice that day and never saw them. What is wrong with people. :(

GrumpyGramma 12-24-2013 08:44 PM

Oh, Jan, that's such sad news. Not having either of your daughters home was bad enough. So many grinches out there. I've seen video of people stealing packages that were left by doors.When you figure out what's wrong with people, let us all know, OK?

justplaincharlotte 12-25-2013 12:28 AM

Oh my... I'm so sorry your girls won't be with you during the holidays. :hug:

My day for that is soon coming, and I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Stealing Christmas gifts...all I can say is :noway:. That's so wrong on so many levels!

salmonmac 12-25-2013 07:56 AM

It is sad when you can't have everyone together, Makes you really appreciate those holidays when you do have the whole family with you. I wish you many more of those family gatherings for future holidays.
Don't give up on the gifts. They may yet turn up in the mail or delivery service. I hope.

claireweber 12-25-2013 11:30 AM

Oh, Jan, I am so sorry to hear this :grphug: It is difficult not to have your children near, especially this time of year.

Stealing packages, one wonders if people who do this sort of a thing are in possession of a soul.

catlvr 12-25-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claireweber (Post 1393260)
Oh, Jan, I am so sorry to hear this :grphug: It is difficult not to have your children near, especially this time of year.

Stealing packages, one wonders if people who do this sort of a thing are in possession of a soul.

I'm feeling a little sad too. My son is in Guam on his ship. I lost my hubby of 42 yrs. 3 yrs. ago. He was like a kid during Xmas. Guess I'll never get used to being without him. He died on Nov. 14, so the holidays are not too much fun for me.

claireweber 12-25-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlvr (Post 1393261)
I'm feeling a little sad too. My son is in Guam on his ship. I lost my hubby of 42 yrs. 3 yrs. ago. He was like a kid during Xmas. Guess I'll never get used to being without him. He died on Nov. 14, so the holidays are not too much fun for me.

:grphug: :grphug: :grphug:

Our thoughts are with you.

Jan in CA 12-25-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

:hug:

Thanks everyone! FedEx says the packages were left on the doorstep so they probably won't show up from them. :shrug: I'm feeling better today. Youngest DD is going to the movies with her fiancÚ so they at least are doing something. :yay:

justplaincharlotte 12-26-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

You're in my thoughts. :grphug:

GrumpyGramma 12-26-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

:grphug: