KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WIP - Flying Arrows Socks (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116050)

butlersabroad 01-07-2014 08:02 PM

WIP - Flying Arrows Socks

I'm joining in with my first sock challenge on Ravelry. It's to make lace socks and that is on my to-do list this year, so I thought it was prefect timing!

My Ravelry page. It's an oddly written pattern with lots of mistakes, but not on the 10 row lace pattern, but I can figure the rest out. I liking the way the yarn is looking too, it's Crystal Palace Panda Wool.

justplaincharlotte 01-07-2014 10:57 PM

Oooohhh! :inlove:

GrumpyGramma 01-07-2014 11:53 PM

Very pretty. What's a sock challenge? I'm Ravelry challenged.

jinxnit55 01-08-2014 12:17 AM

I'm not sure if it's the same challenge, but I joined a group on Ravelry last night called (oh, man, now I can't remember the group name!) well, anyway, the gist of it is to try and knit a pair of socks a month in 2014. No pressure, but there are prizes, like people donate yarn, and I think the grand prize is a pair of socks knit just for the winner by the leader of the group, the Sox Therapist. This month's challenge is to make a pair that is: already a work in progress, uses a stitch or technique that is new, or uses stash yarn. I had already started a pair, so, since I qualified for one of the categories, I thought I would join.

jinxnit55 01-08-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butlersabroad (Post 1394562)
I'm joining in with my first sock challenge on Ravelry. It's to make lace socks and that is on my to-do list this year, so I thought it was prefect timing!

My Ravelry page. It's an oddly written pattern with lots of mistakes, but not on the 10 row lace pattern, but I can figure the rest out. I liking the way the yarn is looking too, it's Crystal Palace Panda Wool.

Cool! I joined a sock challenge, too, but I think it's a different group. Your lace looks great! So far I can't make both lace and a sock at the same time, so I settled for a simple pattern, with a pretty variegated yarn I got on Etsy.

GrumpyGramma 01-08-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinxnit55 (Post 1394578)
I'm not sure if it's the same challenge, but I joined a group on Ravelry last night called (oh, man, now I can't remember the group name!) well, anyway, the gist of it is to try and knit a pair of socks a month in 2014. No pressure, but there are prizes, like people donate yarn, and I think the grand prize is a pair of socks knit just for the winner by the leader of the group, the Sox Therapist. This month's challenge is to make a pair that is: already a work in progress, uses a stitch or technique that is new, or uses stash yarn. I had already started a pair, so, since I qualified for one of the categories, I thought I would join.

Could you post a link?

tabsheltie7 01-08-2014 01:33 AM

Oh that's so pretty!:inlove:
I'd love to join a knitting challenge, but I've got so many things to make, I don't think I'd have time. But I'd love to see what y'all come up with!:)

JudyD 01-08-2014 05:38 AM

:heart: :heart: :heart: That is going to be a handsome pair of socks!

Judy

salmonmac 01-08-2014 06:07 AM

Sock looks terrific! The color is very pretty and the variegations work well in the pattern. These are going to be a beautiful pair.

butlersabroad 01-08-2014 09:21 AM

I'm in a group called Sock Knitter Anonymous where it's OK to be a sock addict and stash sock yarn! They have a challenge set every month, and you have the choice of two techniques or two featured designers to pick from. You can never make plain socks or simple ribbed socks, they don't count. It's called Sockdown! So for January, you have to do a post for your Cast On, you can do a progress post if you want and then you do a Bind Off post showing your finished socks. To participate for January you have to post a Cast On post before midnight on Jan 31st, but you actually have two months to complete your project, and your BO post has to be made before midnight on Feb 28th.

There are prizes too for random participants who completed all the criteria, and as they're random you don't have to worry about not being the fastest knitter or not making the most complicated pattern.

I want to make more socks this year, I only made 4 pairs in 2013, which for a self confessed sock addict is appalling! I thought the challenge would help me on my way and teach me some new things too.